DStwo loading problem

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by davinatorman, Apr 4, 2013.

Apr 4, 2013

DStwo loading problem by davinatorman at 12:53 AM (644 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. davinatorman
    OP

Newcomer davinatorman Newbie

United States
    So after Nintendo's latest firmware knocked by Acekard out, I decided to buy a Supercard Dstwo, and I'm having a really big problem with it that I can't seem to figure out how to fix.

I use a 3ds, with a 16gb card, and followed the instructions on the stickied thread on the top.

The problem comes when I try to load up and play a .nds file, the entire thing freezes at the loading screen (top screen is black, bottom screen shows loading), however, every other plugin (gba, snes emulators) works completely fine, it's something specific to .nds files.

Does anyone know how to fix this? All of the files were working fine on my last Acekard, so it can't be that, and I've formatted and redownloaded all the files on the card several times, so it's not that either. I've also tested the card on a regular ds lite, and it still doesn't work, so it's not specific to the 3ds either. I can't seem to figure it out.

2. davinatorman
    OP

United States
    Yes, I tried it on a 4gb msd card to no avail. The roms shouldn't be corrupted, since they're the same ones from the Acekard I used, and they all worked perfectly. I'll test some other files and see if they work, but the ones I've tested so far were New super mario bros, 999, Bangai-O, Contra 4, and a few others, with none working.

edit: Kirby Super Star Ultra was able to work, it seems the roms with a picture work, while the generic picture roms don't. Now that that's out of the way, does anyone know the full compatability list for the Supercard? It's interesting that most of the roms that I've used on my Acekard won't work.

3. KoopaHax35000vr

Member KoopaHax35000vr Idk

United States
    You could have downloaded a corrupted dsgame.nds

4. davinatorman
    OP

United States
    So it turns out the problem is that EVERY file that I transferred from my Acekard sd card is unplayable (except on the Acekard itself, rofl), good stuff. I would have never expected that..

5. KoopaHax35000vr

Member KoopaHax35000vr Idk

United States
    Well that would explain it

6. davinatorman
    OP

United States
    Does anyone have a link to the program that verifies which nds files are working?

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
  8. davinatorman
    OP

United States
    Thanks, that showed me the reason why the nds files won't work, not because they're corrupt, but because they become corrupt when I run the sd card in my ds. I've tried 4 different sd adapters, and so far I can't tell any difference between them, they all corrupt the nds files I put on it, except for a few which work fine for some reason. How do I fix this?

edit: the micro sd card itself might be broken, but it's an official Kingston one from Amazon, so that would completely suck if it was. I'll test it on another msd card

9. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    "Official" kingston doesn't mean that much. Kingston is a reseller, it could be any one of a couple other companies that made your MicroSD, and it could be midnight runs or a fake as well.
    http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=918

Also Amazon isn't a single shop anymore, they do reseller stuff like with eBay, so it's possible to get fake merchandise from them if you don't pay attention to whether a listing for an item is actually sold by Amazon or one of the resellers.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/seller-account/mm-product-page.html?topic=200274800

10. davinatorman
    OP

United States
    ...Son of a bitch, you're probably right. Closer inspection on the card looks like it's a fake. Ugh, this sucks.

edit: After testing (clean) nds files on a different card, I can confirm the problem was the sd card. Thankfully, Amazon customer support is fucking awesome and upgraded my subsequent (directly from Amazon) card purchase to 1-day shipping free of charge. Stay away from Qustars Accessories. Thanks for all your help.