Country
United States
Dj_Qbert said:
Pokemon Emerald Version (U)
Pokemon Fire Red Version (U)
Pokemon Leaf Green Version (U)
Pokemon Ruby Version (U)
Pokemon Sapphire Version (U)

These all worked for me. Some I can't use the internal save but save state works fine.

Do they work without lagging?

xeronut

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.romhacking.net
XP
Country
United States
Games are not going to work any differently than on the iPlayer - that card's GBA emulator was a (very slightly) modified version of gpSP for the PSP, and I'd be highly surprised to learn they did any actual coding for this 1.1 outside of GUI or hardware tweaks. Basically, if it was broken on the iPlayer, it'll probably still be broken on the DSTwo. It's a shame this 1.1 isn't iPlayer compatible either - I'd be willing to test and document the differences between the two versions on my card.

I wonder if they'll use SNES9xtyl for the DSTwo?

Dj_Qbert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Escape said:
Dj_Qbert said:
Pokemon Emerald Version (U)
Pokemon Fire Red Version (U)
Pokemon Leaf Green Version (U)
Pokemon Ruby Version (U)
Pokemon Sapphire Version (U)

These all worked for me. Some I can't use the internal save but save state works fine.

Do they work without lagging?

Not really any lag that I can notice. I would have to play the original games so I can compare.

nuno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4Liam said:
Whoever has the dstwo can you please test a hacked pokemon game on the GBA emulator? YOu know Pokemon Shinygold?

Tried Pokemon - Shiny Gold V4, and it works. No noticeable glitches or anything in the limited time I tested it.

SimenS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have tested Golden sun 1 and Golden Sun: The Lost Age.
Golden Sun laggs and skips frames a lot. I found it worse than the one I have on my PSP, so I am not impressed.

Golden Sun The Lost Age is much worse, and not playable.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
SimenS said:
Golden Sun laggs and skips frames a lot. I found it worse than the one I have on my PSP, so I am not impressed.

I think we should all be impressed from the sheer revolution that going on here! I mean a few months ago I didn't think it was possible to play GBA roms on a DS flashcard let alone a dsi! Lets be grateful it has been discovered and hope it wil improve.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well they are making the same mistake of bundling emulators like they did with the old slot2, when they should have let the community code thier own while the interest in the SCDS2 is still fresh. If expectations fall short of what is being delivered in the emus, most of us will pretty much have it filed away in some place since that is all some of us bought it for.

SimenS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
R4Liam said:
SimenS said:

I think we should all be impressed from the sheer revolution that going on here! I mean a few months ago I didn't think it was possible to play GBA roms on a DS flashcard let alone a dsi! Lets be grateful it has been discovered and hope it wil improve.

When you say it like that then yeah. I was just hoping it would play better than on my PSP (maybe I expected too much at this point). Hopefully they'll release new updates to the GBA emulator, playing .avi files is none of my interest as the screen is too small, but hopefully they'll figure something out. Some new epic skins and some neat plugins aswell, and it's good as gold!
biggrin.gif

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
SimenS said:

For me Golden Sun plays fine, and the Lost Age had minor frame skipping and a little sound distortion (but still playable).

I wonder if it has to do with the microSD card?
unsure.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Jackthelad said:
SimenS said:

For me Golden Sun plays fine, and the Lost Age had minor frame skipping and a little sound distortion (but still playable).

I wonder if it has to do with the microSD card?
unsure.gif
Hm, that makes me wonder...I'd assumed that it loaded the entire ROM into the DSTwo's 32 MB of RAM (pretty sure 32 MB is the largest a GBA game can be except for possibly some of those video cartridges), but I suppose it's possible it's not. How long does it take to load? I suppose that if it starts instantly, it's *probably* not loading it all into RAM.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
I am sure that these errors on gba games will soon be ironed out from updates its impossible for it to have been perfect from the beggining and if you throw away/ sell the dstwo just cause of the fact that it aint 100% perfect from the offeset then you are foolish.

R4Liam

Artsy Dude
OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
it seems to me that the saving issues on pokemon games are similar to the messages that come up on pc emulators which is fixed by going into settings and changing the save type

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)