DSTWO free cheat mode demonstration

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Apr 16, 2010.

1. shaunj66
    OP

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    [​IMG] DSTWO free cheat mode demonstration
    The Supercard team show us how it works
    The Supercard team have just released a video that demonstrates how the new 'Free Cheat' mode for their upcoming Supercard DSTWO works. In case you missed it in our previous news piece, the 'Free Cheat' mode (exclusive to the DSTWO) is a new method for adding cheats/hacks to games without having to download cheat files or databases.

This new feature will allow anyone to instantly find and enable cheats and other modifications to games both old and new. For example, when no cheat files exist for a game that has recently been released, running "Free Cheat" mode during gameplay will allow you to search for and enable various cheats and hacks, such as modifying or even locking your characters health or enabling/restocking power-ups.

If you've been following our Twitter you'll know that the DSTWO has faced several delays, but we're in touch with the Supercard team who will keep us updated and we'll of course let you know of any updates and when we finally get our hands on this new bit of kit.

Watch the Youtube video above or at the link below.

[​IMG] Watch Youtube Video
    [​IMG] Discuss

2. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    [​IMG] Do want.

Easier than expected. [​IMG]

3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Sweet fucking shit, built-in memory modification?
    Want, want want want want want want want want.

EDIT:
    Yes.

4. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    From what it looks like, that is almost exactly what it is xD (and dam does it look crazy convenient).

5. Berthenk

Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

May 16, 2008
    Netherlands
    Fuck yeah! Awesomeness for the win!
    I hope it'll have the possibility to dump the memory so we can use that to make pointers easily...

6. DarkWay

DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

Aug 21, 2008
    Cornwall
    by the looks of it and from what I've learnt yes it's basically the same, you perform an action in game pause and search for the address holding the value of what you want in the videos example it was the coins, usually you'd find loads of addresses holding the same value so you repeat the process of collecting or spending more coins and search the new value again this narrows down the addresses until your left with a few addresses or 1 address. If your left with 1 address that's basically what your after to create your cheat, if your left with a few addresses it's just simply trial and error until you get the one your after.

I've probably explained that poorly and someone with more knowledge will probably come and put that bluntly and hopefully explain it better than I have.

whilst this news is great news [​IMG] I'd still like a rough release date [​IMG] that's the only thing left to be announced really and it's the MOST anticipated piece of information everyone interested in the Supercard DStwo wants.

7. cornaljoe

cornaljoe GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 13, 2006
    United States
    Reminds me of my cheat making days on my GameBoy Pocket using a GameShark.

8. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    With as many people as will be wanting it, and with us having a few people here that know enough about it, somebody (that knows more than me, I never dealt with pointers and can barely run an emulator on my specs) will likely make a tutorial.

9. Berthenk

Berthenk Epitome of Awesomeness

May 16, 2008
    Netherlands
    Hmmm... you've explained it pretty well! You only need to change the value after finding the address. Many times, an address changes when you go to an other level. This is a pain, because you then need to find the address for each level. That's why I was hoping there'd be a memory dumper. We've got a little tool that makes pointer codes from memory dumps. As you might've guessed, it sort of tells the code which address it needs, without knowing the exact address.
    Now there's something I hope I've explained in a good way. I might be wrong...

10. Raika

Raika uguu

Sep 15, 2008
    uguu
    Hah, think of all of the possibilities with this new function. Also the guy sure took his time spelling out "GOLD"...

11. 5%

5% GBAtemp Fan

Dec 25, 2008
    This is revolutionary [​IMG]

12. Killermech

Killermech Cookie Monster

Mar 5, 2004
    Very nice. Now a video demonstration of the SNES emulator playing Super Mario RPG and I'll wet my pants [​IMG]

13. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    If this really has all the features on shoptemp's list as well as this, for the price you can get it at on shoptemp it'll probably dethrone the M3i zero as the more expensive card with more options...

Assuming updates are fast.

14. mrfatso

mrfatso That guy!!

Apr 17, 2008
    Senegal
    @Your Home,behind the sofa
    haiz, that's it? [​IMG]

i hope a future version has more hacking features, it looks like a really watered down version of a cheat engine.

Man, to call it a cheat engine is an insult to cheat engines, but whatever, at least it looks moron-proof enough.

15. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
    from the looks of it,it can search equal, non equal, addition, decrease (just decent which is nothing big deal)

didn't see any function to do ram dump, pretty disappointed !
    hex view? without hex view or real time edit via memory editor = useless! (hopefully, this will be added)

search results? can they display all search result? all just a fixed number of it?
    the art of code hacking is not the final search result!
    its getting things done in the shitty environment

some might argue its good for casual user? well it could be true yet what you find might be useless
    try make a HP code for pkmn during battle and you will know what i mean [​IMG]

by the looks of it... its only a feature for those casual users

one interesting point would be how well this works with RTS [​IMG]

summary: not impressed [​IMG]

EDIT: by the way, where is the FUZZY mode?

16. Bonny

Bonny GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2008
    Germany
    Bavaria
    Uhhhhh... can search for cheats on my own... like with my Action Replay 2 for my SNES... this feature is so "brand new"... [​IMG]

17. Edgedancer

Edgedancer Director of Moon based operations

Oct 2, 2006
    Canberra
    It is for DS flashcarts.

18. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    Partially, So nostalgic!

It's almost just like the old AR's in the GB era [​IMG]
    Find your own limmited cheats, damned i need a SCTwo ASAP!
    even if it's only value's you can do (and then again it won't do any value anyway)

19. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London
    forget the gb era, i rember hacking my own codes on the ps1 with a xplorer, now thats something to rember [​IMG]

20. Jemlee

Jemlee GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2009
    Arwing
    Cheat search on the fly??? reminds me of cheat engine pc, that thing is pretty powerful!!!