Hacking DSTwo Emulation

Iamapirate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. I'm wondering how good the DSTWO emulation is? Not talking about DS, I know DS emulation is pretty good, I'm talking mainly about NES, SNES, GBA etc. I have an NES & SNES emulator on my R4i 3DS Gold RTS, and the NES one works fine, but the SNES one isn't that great. can't even emu GBA games.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The Snes emulation is pretty hit-and-miss (without meaning to be rude to the developers who worked hard on it). Most regular games can be played at full speed but with noticable frameskip. As a result, some games will fare better than others.

The GBA emulation is much better though. Games are generally full speed and compatibility is high. It is worth the extra for the DSTwo for the GBA emulator, in my opinion. Especially seeing as many Snes games received GBA re-releases (Mario games, Yoshi games, Donkey Kong County etc.).

Check out the sticky topics about TempGBA and CATSFC.

Mister_Keevs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTwo owner here. Haven't been an avid user of the SNES emulators, but TempGBA is outstanding for a GBA emulator. Some games I've tested can run without skipping frames, but others can hang if you take that off (e.g. Pokémon hacks, the normal games run fine w/o frameskip).

TL;DR: The DSTwo is totally worth it, the GBA emulator runs great.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The best thing about the GBA emulator is the fact that even if frames are dropped, it's not so noticable because it's synce with the sound so the sound continues as normal. Overall it feels really professional.

They did their best with the Snes emulator but the Snes hardware is just too much. Might be worth it for slower paced games such as RPGs where a high framerate doesn't matter so mucn.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm