DSTwo connection issues?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by WarriorKalia, Nov 17, 2012.

Nov 17, 2012
  1. WarriorKalia
    OP

Newcomer WarriorKalia Newbie

United States
    Hey all,

I recently [in the past month or so] got a DSTwo and a 3DS. My firmware is up to date [1.18 I think] and all the files are as well, as I just put them on yesterday evening. The 3DS usually recognizes the cart itself [meaning it shows up as Alex-something, whatever it was supposed to be] but then gives me an error upon bootup (the usual 'error has occurred, restart console' thing).

I have a DS Lite and it works perfectly on there. I cleaned the contacts with isoprophyl alcohol, and tightened the screw up a bit so it's snug. The cart keeps catching when I eject it because of the protruding chip... and everywhere I go, seems to say that it's a connection issue. Problem is, how do I fix it? I have no effing clue. And is it a connection issue with the sd card, or the 3DS itself? I would think the latter if it works in a DS Lite with no problems...

Anyone have any advice?

2. ground

Member ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I would suggest reinstall the firmware on your card with your ds lite and then try it again on your 3DS

3. WarriorKalia
    OP

United States
    Did that today. Same problem.

4. ground

Member ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    hmm, then i would suggest to format your sd card(fat32), and reinstall everything. (in my discription is a link to 3dstool, which can do all of that at once)

5. WarriorKalia
    OP

United States
    Did that too. It works very occasionally, just nothing most of the time.

6. Deltaechoe

Member Deltaechoe The Dopefish

United States
    When you do an update, does the update window actually pop up because when you see that error screen on just the 3ds but not on the ds lite, that would be a good indicator that your card's firmware actually isn't up to date

7. someonewhodied

Member someonewhodied Lazy Person

United States
    Its a connection issue, I have that problem too. I fix it by making the cart fit more snugly by putting a piece of paper between the front of the DS2 and the 3ds slot's inside.

8. megahunter

Newcomer megahunter Advanced Member

Sweden
    a friend of mine had a similair problem, she solved it by contacting the store she bought the card from and got sent a new card,