Hacking DSTWO + CFW benefits?

evidenz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
Hello! just wanted to ask.. i have an old 3ds xl version 7.0.2 with a normal dstwo (ds, snes, gba, etc)
what are the benefits of installing cfg besides the homebres, translates and localization?

well hopefully i can get some insight

bye !

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
DSTwo gives you access to the entire NDS library, witch and CFW cannot do.
Also, it can be used to install mset exploits.

CFW gives you access to all 3DS games, and lets you install better emulators than the dstwo.

Last edited by sweis12,

evidenz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
well the snes one on the dstwo has lots of frame rate problems... thats better im guessing on the cfw right? (since dstwo runs on hiw own cpu)
also.. "acces to all 3ds games", you mean downloading roms? or in the sense of not region lock?

bye! and thanks

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

evidenz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Armenia
hello again!, just wanted to ask what would be the best method to exploit it.
since mset exploits was fixed on version 7.0.0-13. and i'm on 7.2.0-17u
should i try to upgrade to 9.2? and which exploit could i use? (i dont own cubixninja)

well thanks bye!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello again!, just wanted to ask what would be the best method to exploit it.
since mset exploits was fixed on version 7.0.0-13. and i'm on 7.2.0-17u
should i try to upgrade to 9.2? and which exploit could i use? (i dont own cubixninja)

well thanks bye!
yes you should update sysnand to 9.2
do you mean to launch the cfw on 9.2 . . . menuhax, browser and (downgraded) mset
or simply homebrew . . . menuhax, browserhax, homebrew launcher.cia, cubic ninja.cia
or were you asking how to update your sysnand . . . its in the cfw guide here [Tutorial] Installing rxTools Custom Firmware - (3DS and 2DS)

Last edited by wormdood,

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTWO + CFW benefits? I don't know. I prefer the look and feel of the DSi XL for DS games. DSi (XL) is cheap, common, easily replaced, and no complicated (risky) haxie installations are required. Reinstalling the DS Profile stuff to NVRAM (GW or RX) is also easy to forget to do when you want to switch back to 3DS.

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DSTWO + CFW benefits? I don't know. I prefer the look and feel of the DSi XL for DS games. DSi (XL) is cheap, common, easily replaced, and no complicated (risky) haxie installations are required. Reinstalling the DS Profile stuff to NVRAM (GW or RX) is also easy to forget to do when you want to switch back to 3DS.

No need to do that. You can run the DSTwo using the sysnand 9.2 or even on emunand (at least for older versions of the rxTools).

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to do what? If you are using the DS profile exploit and launch a real DS cartridge (or DSTWO Fake Alex Rider), doesn't that reboot the 3DS in DS mode, overwriting the DS Profile?

You mean you can decide not to use the DS Profile to boot your CFW, but instead menuhax and the homebrew launcher (for GW)?

This is interesting but I still like to keep my DS Games+Emulators (running off DSTWO) and 3DS (GW emunand) stuff in separate devices. Too confusing with all that stuff in one handheld.

Last edited by romanaOne,

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you lose GW mset if you use a regular DSTWO? That sucks, since I want to play a DS game but don't want to lose mset. Is there any solution apart from reinstalling mset?

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please don't necro/hijack threads.
But yes, DSTWO has pretty much always worked.

The thread was less than a week old, are you srsly calling it a necro? Would you rather he made a whole new thread, or would we find you whining in that one too?

Anyway the safest bet for using a DSTWO is to NEVER use it for emunand and just use it in a CFW or even on sysnand for DS games (just make sure you put mset exploit back on OR use menuhax)

Reactions: anotherthing

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thread was less than a week old, are you srsly calling it a necro? Would you rather he made a whole new thread, or would we find you whining in that one too?
Yes, I would, because then you'd be creating another topic for another question. Like you should be.
Or would we find you whining about there being a whole new thread over there?

In any case, if you're using a modern CFW setup with homemenuhax then you can launch the DSTWO from EmuNAND just fine, it'll rerun homemenuhax when you exit but that's not a huge deal.

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I would, because then you'd be creating another topic for another question. Like you should be.
Or would we find you whining about there being a whole new thread over there?

In any case, if you're using a modern CFW setup with homemenuhax then you can launch the DSTWO from EmuNAND just fine, it'll rerun homemenuhax when you exit but that's not a huge deal.

So basically if I run a DSTWO while on RXTOOLS, I won't lose the GW mset? My current set ups are:

1. To launch Gateway emunand, I use mset on sysnand 9.0

2. For RXTOOLS, I hold L while booting to launch the Homebrew Menu, and I choose the RXTOOLS.3dsx from there.

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically if I run a DSTWO while on RXTOOLS, I won't lose the GW mset? My current set ups are:

1. To launch Gateway emunand, I use mset on sysnand 9.0

2. For RXTOOLS, I hold L while booting to launch the Homebrew Menu, and I choose the RXTOOLS.3dsx from there.
Mixing them, I can't say for sure. I'd place my bets you'll lose your mset, though.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you need to be in a CFW to load the dstwo? shit makes no sense? Playing ds games doesn't need an updated sysnand, if the GW mset disappears than run the nds file again like someone stated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey