OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys
should i buy the dstwo at this moment because i see alot of bugs with software and alot of problems with hardware and wanted to know if it really is worth 40$ at this time
i know the firmware releases will include new features as time goes on
but will there be a new batch of dstwo's that have no hardware problems (stuck in slot, bad built quality, not being recognized by ds, not being able to recognize sd card)

so is it really worth $40 rite now?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
kiafazool said:
hey guys
should i buy the dstwo at this moment because i see alot of bugs with software and alot of problems with hardware and wanted to know if it really is worth 40$ at this time
i know the firmware releases will include new features as time goes on
but will there be a new batch of dstwo's that have no hardware problems (stuck in slot, bad built quality, not being recognized by ds, not being able to recognize sd card)

so is it really worth $40 rite now?

Id say yes
there isnt really bugs
the NDS games seem to pretty much all be fixed now
(if you read about the Anti-AP it doesnt stop roms checking if an SD card is there, hence why some recent games didnt work untill update)
there isnt anything wrong with the hardware, you will always get a bad few (nothing is 100% perfect ever)
and he DS not being able to recognise the SD card was fixed in 1.05 beta firmware

so id say yes

if the firmware gets better (Snes Emulator and other features)
it most likely will be sold at a higher price

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Pong20302000 said:
if the firmware gets better (Snes Emulator and other features)
it most likely will be sold at a higher price
I doubt it, unless it remains the only CPU powered flashcart with full features.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Price won't increase, but I don't see it decreasing anytime soon either, so you best buy it now so you can already enjoy the GBA emulator and the other stuff it has. It's not like you'll waste any money.

cowboycoder77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was pretty sold on this card but I have been put off by the comments of early adopters.

I don't think it will reduce in price soon but I'm inclined to wait a little now anyway. If the SNES/GBA emulation & movie playing improves (or becomes what was implied/promised) I'll pick it up, and also if the compatibility fixes keep coming fast.

From what I've read so far it doesn't offer much over the CycloDS yet which I use already (except the obvious DSi compatibility). It has a lot of potential for sure and I'm keen to see how they make use of that CPU. I was hoping the build would be really high quality (the Cyclo fits like a retail card) but it sounds a little bit disappointing on that front.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Wut