DsTwo Buyable?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by kiafazool, May 24, 2010.

  1. kiafazool
    OP

    kiafazool GBAtemp Maniac

    Member
    1,221
    0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    hey guys
    should i buy the dstwo at this moment because i see alot of bugs with software and alot of problems with hardware and wanted to know if it really is worth 40$ at this time
    i know the firmware releases will include new features as time goes on
    but will there be a new batch of dstwo's that have no hardware problems (stuck in slot, bad built quality, not being recognized by ds, not being able to recognize sd card)

    so is it really worth $40 rite now?
     
  2. Pong20302000

    Pong20302000 making notes on everything

    Member
    8,076
    1,931
    Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self

    Id say yes
    there isnt really bugs
    the NDS games seem to pretty much all be fixed now
    (if you read about the Anti-AP it doesnt stop roms checking if an SD card is there, hence why some recent games didnt work untill update)
    there isnt anything wrong with the hardware, you will always get a bad few (nothing is 100% perfect ever)
    and he DS not being able to recognise the SD card was fixed in 1.05 beta firmware

    so id say yes

    if the firmware gets better (Snes Emulator and other features)
    it most likely will be sold at a higher price
     
  3. Leonidas

    Leonidas GBAtemp Fan

    Member
    479
    0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Slovenia
    sLOVEnia
    I doubt it, unless it remains the only CPU powered flashcart with full features.
     
  4. Overlord Nadrian

    Overlord Nadrian Banned

    Banned
    6,671
    10
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    Price won't increase, but I don't see it decreasing anytime soon either, so you best buy it now so you can already enjoy the GBA emulator and the other stuff it has. It's not like you'll waste any money.
     
  5. cowboycoder77

    cowboycoder77 Advanced Member

    Newcomer
    56
    0
    May 6, 2010
    I was pretty sold on this card but I have been put off by the comments of early adopters.

    I don't think it will reduce in price soon but I'm inclined to wait a little now anyway. If the SNES/GBA emulation & movie playing improves (or becomes what was implied/promised) I'll pick it up, and also if the compatibility fixes keep coming fast.

    From what I've read so far it doesn't offer much over the CycloDS yet which I use already (except the obvious DSi compatibility). It has a lot of potential for sure and I'm keen to see how they make use of that CPU. I was hoping the build would be really high quality (the Cyclo fits like a retail card) but it sounds a little bit disappointing on that front.