Hacking Dstt's sales have plummeted

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The dstt's sales have officially plummeted, the dstt used to always be either the top five at dx, now the r6 silver holds the 1st place and the dstt isn't even one the first page(Except for the one bundle). What is wrong with people! Why would anyone buy a r6 silver?????

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Because:

1. R4 = TEH BEST
2. R6 = Higher number, and SILVER! So it must be EVEN BETTAR!
3. Let's buy!
4. ????
5. FAIL

That's how people who don't know a thing about flashcards think.

The DSTT is a great flashcart. It's even cheaper.

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
2008-07-28_210602.png

Screen shot taken at the time of this post

I don't see the r6 silver.

david432111

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Still think it's weird why the dstt sales just fell all of a sudden. It's even gotten cheaper since the time that it was at 1st place.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's because the DSTT hasn't kept up to other comparable carts like the Acekard 2 or the Edge. There have been no updates to the UI at all (only the loader) -- it still doesn't even sort ROMs alphabetically and scrolling slows down when you a lot of ROMs in the list (which is easy to do because it doesn't display folders).

-Bri

theADDict

Trophies
XP
Country
I used to sell the TTDS but have totally dropped it now. It was selling ok but there were so many faulty units and returns it was just pointless.

EDGE is by far the best quality - followed by R4 , M3 REAL , etc.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't seen many new complaints of faulty DSTT's so it is possible that they've fixed the problem. The Acekard 2 has had problems recently too, but the Acekard team was quick to acknowledge (and apparently fix) the problems.

-Bri

clark2k

Trophies
Website
www.gbabrasil.net
XP
Country
Brazil
It great!!
I also need some more information about the games (not the ISO) such as game type (if it is sport, RPG, etc), number of local players (if the game is multiplayer), internet play, and so on, but I need just for the US or PAL releases (any of them), no need for all titles.
But it would be a pain if I needed to browse one by one via a game site like IGN or Gamespot.
Do you know any place that has this kind of table information I need?
Thanks again!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what your post has to do with the topic, but there is a game database on this site that you can search for and search by the information you listed. Click on the "Releases" button at the top of the page.

-Bri

GaveUpTomorrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to what I read at the DealExtreme website forums, the sales haven't plummeted at all, its actually the opposite. DealExtreme implemented a new feature where if a product sells to much and goes out of stock, it gets taken off the main page so that people quit ordering so many. This allows DealExtreme to fulfill the orders that are already placed and get some more stock. If you check the DSTT product page, it says that they are expecting a new verison (shipiment?) soon, so it will they'll probably bump it back up soon. Why the card+DSTT bundle is still on the main page, I don't know. But if anything, you could see this as the DSTT doing very well.

I purchased the DSTT a few weeks ago and I love it. It runs every game I throw at it, loads very fast, and built extremely well. For the price, I think this card is easily the best choice to get.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GatorDeb said:
Argh, no folder support?! Do you think they'll add this in the few coming months?

Highly unlikely, given that it was missing both folder support and sorting of the ROMs since it first came out (the ROMs are presented in the order they appear in the file table, which is essentially random once you've added and deleted a few ROMs) and they have yet to release a single update to the menu itself (all updates that been compatibility updates). The DSTT actually does quite well with compatibility and it loads the menu and ROMs faster than nearly any other cart on the market, but its menu system is definitely lacking some key features that they should have added a long time ago.

QUOTEI purchased the DSTT a few weeks ago and I love it. It runs every game I throw at it, loads very fast, and built extremely well. For the price, I think this card is easily the best choice to get.

I have both a DSTT and an Acekard 2, and I can tell you that the Acekard 2 is much better for a few dollars more. Well worth the difference in price.

-Bri

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bri said:
and they have yet to release a single update to the menu itself (all updates that been compatibility updates).

TTMenu v1.08 README[v1.08] 2008-02-01
* upgrade information library, up to 1981
* fixed the error of saving for 1981
* add ewin gba extension card detect fuction
* case insensitive for save file name

* add switch of brightness (key L)
* add select all switch of cheat (key Y/X)
* add standby fucntion for ds console
* add select all switch of cheat (key Y/X)
* fix the error of time display
* fix the freeze of menu by encrypted r4 cheat library
* update all of icons when changed the softreset setting

The bold items are all what I would consider updates to the menu's functionality and not just ROM compatibility updates.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, I stand corrected, but I'll let others decide how significant those features are (hint: not very). Three are bug fixes. Two are cosmetic changes. The remaining 3 are standard features that every other cart has always had and the DSTT should have had from the beginning. "add select all switch of cheat" is listed twice.

Meanwhile, they are up to firmware version 1.15 now and there have still been no fixes for the most important problems like sorting ROMs, slow scrolling, and folder support.

Don't get me wrong, the DSTT has pretty good compatibility and is fast at loading the menu and games. I recommend it for kids who need a super-simple menu system with a single list of games and no folders, but for the average user there are better choices such as the Acekard 2 or Edge. If the DSTT team ever fixes the most problematic features of the menu system (which seems unlikely at this point), the DSTT might be worth considering.

-Bri

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
david432 said:
Somethings wrong, now they've been pushed back to 8/7/2008, from the 8/3/2008.
frown.gif

Same thing happened to DSTT last year. Last year, when it sold out in its first week, they started selling the DSTT again in March, because they didn't seem to get the batches and what not.

And they're sold out, because they're coming up with a new batch, most likely. If it was sold out, then it would just simply say "SOLD OUT" and DX wouldn't even take orders.

Just like how CycloDS in DX was.

k4sHmuNn1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats wrong with TopToy Ds anyway. I find it works perfectly and i never noticed the slow scrolling. Even if some of you still insist scrolling is slow its probably only like 1.5 seconds your waiting. And if you guys didnt already know doesnt TT have the fastest game start up time so that kinda makes up for the "slow scrolling".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol