Hacking Dstt's sales have plummeted

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The DSTT is a good cart, but it's not as good as other similarly priced carts. If you use an Acekard 2 or an Edge, you'll know what I mean. The DSTT doesn't sort ROMs, it doesn't display folders, its scrolling is slow, it doesn't load GBA games directly to a slot 2, it doesn't have multiple save slots or save backups, etc.

-Bri

coral

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not plummeted. It's sold out. The DSTT has pretty good compatibility and is fast at loading the menu and games. Love it.
I purchased a DS-TT adapter on Depot888, Supports the WiFi game, DS Rumble Pak, DS Browser. That's cool.

bludwid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dunno about sales plummeting. I think demand is just far outstripping supply. I sell these things and DSTT has been my best seller consistently I had to eventually drop the M3 and everything else.

It's the easiest to use and the fastest to load by experience, not to mention it costs a lot less than the rest.

They are running out of stock pretty soon, however, as there's been pretty convincing rumours that factories have stopped production due to the Olympics. I can't even source them from two of my suppliers who are normally reliable. One supplier I've been recommended started selling them for 25% more in the span of one week...

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
dstt is high requested, the problem is the dstt factory stopped the production. so probably deal extreme just removed it from first page to avoid overselling and avoid financial loss

other cards are stopped production too due to some reason: probably olympic games and avoid controls they just stopped temp the factory, maybe to rise general flashcard price and when item price go up they will flood the market again as happened in past, from here to september there should be lack of flashcards and rise of prices.
just a month ago reseller dstt price was about 100 yuan, 10 euro, now is more than 130 yuan, 13 euro and still going up
even supercard stopped the production. and R4 finally shut down production . other brands i don't know .
ciao

reon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when dstt first came out it was like 20 $ and DX said it was made by the same people who made R4 (duno it thats true), so poeple saw it as an R4 upgrade that was extremely cheap compared to other carts. I personally ordered 3 right away (family / friends). I originally had an R4 (best cart
smile.gif
) and I loved it. Multi-skins, gui was simple and effective. Ran everything I threw at it and I have never had wifi or download play problems (mariokart, party, pearl, ff3, more). So when I saw the DSTT I jsut HAD to get it. Well after I got it I regretted it.

First off when I put it into my DS it felt like it was breaking it (sounds of things getting crushed). So i always try to avoid taking out and I simply take out the mem card. Another one of the carts would not stick in the DS, I had to push it pretty hard to get it to stay (also had sounded like crushing circuit boards). Also taking out the mem card was quirky at times, to say the least.

Second the gui (UGH), this must be the worst out of all of them. The only plus side is its kid-user friendly.

Third, a single skin which was limited and didn't allow much room for creativity since the top screen was filled with self advertisement, while the bottom had overly-sized-tiled icons of games (with more mini icons then i cared for).

3 major flaws in my opinion. Aside from missing staples like organization, Moonshell, file browsing, etc. The only thing it had the R4 beat was high capacity mem cards, but even them I think people had trouble with cards over 4GB (only if they are filled with more then 4GB of data). So I'll probably never buy a DSTT again and most likely go with AK2 or wait for something new to come out. Hell, maybe DSTT will pull their act together..... Naah

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
reon said:
when dstt first came out it was like 20 $ and DX said it was made by the same people who made R4 (duno it thats true), so poeple saw it as an R4 upgrade that was extremely cheap compared to other carts. I personally ordered 3 right away (family / friends). I originally had an R4 (best cart
smile.gif
) and I loved it. Multi-skins, gui was simple and effective. Ran everything I threw at it and I have never had wifi or download play problems (mariokart, party, pearl, ff3, more). So when I saw the DSTT I jsut HAD to get it. Well after I got it I regretted it.

First off when I put it into my DS it felt like it was breaking it (sounds of things getting crushed). So i always try to avoid taking out and I simply take out the mem card. Another one of the carts would not stick in the DS, I had to push it pretty hard to get it to stay (also had sounded like crushing circuit boards). Also taking out the mem card was quirky at times, to say the least.

Second the gui (UGH), this must be the worst out of all of them. The only plus side is its kid-user friendly.

Third, a single skin which was limited and didn't allow much room for creativity since the top screen was filled with self advertisement, while the bottom had overly-sized-tiled icons of games (with more mini icons then i cared for).

3 major flaws in my opinion. Aside from missing staples like organization, Moonshell, file browsing, etc. The only thing it had the R4 beat was high capacity meme cards, but even them I think people had trouble with cards over 4GB (only if they are filled with more then 4GB of data). So I'll probably never buy a DSTT again and most likely go with AK2 or wait for something new to come out. Hell, maybe DSTT will pull their act together..... Naah
Get YSMenu, its way better than the DSTT menu
I don't even use that anymore

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.