DSTT vs iTouch DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Zarkz, Sep 24, 2008.

Sep 24, 2008

DSTT vs iTouch DS by Zarkz at 6:31 PM (1,727 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Zarkz
    OP

Member Zarkz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Between The DSTT and the iTouch DS, which is a better?

2. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    ... probably itouch ds still better, dstt lot fake around

3. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    There are real DSTT's available at dealextreme.com for $12, so I don't think the existence of fakes is that much of a consideration.

That said, there are plenty of flash carts better than either the DSTT or the iTouch. Look at the Acekard 2, Edge, or SCDS1.

-Bri

4. Zarkz
    OP

Member Zarkz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I know , i have a r4ds, getting a cyclods, its for a little kid whose mom asked

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Depending on how little the kid is, the DSTT might be worth considering. First, it's cheap, so if it gets broken not a big deal. Second, it's sturdy so less likely to be physically damaged. Third, it's easier to use than some flash carts because it doesn't display folders. For most of us, not being able to arrange ROMs into folders is a problem, but for a kid it might make the cart slightly easier to use. The main problem with the DSTT is that it doesn't sort ROMs alphabetically.

The Acekard 2 or Edge would also be decent choices (I wouldn't recommend the SCDS1 for a kid). Not quite as easy to use as the DSTT, but definitely not difficult. The Edge is sturdier than the Acekard 2 if that's an issue, but the menu isn't as nice as the Acekard's.

If the mom decides to purchase a DSTT, she should buy it from dealextreme.com or some other reputable seller and make sure before she buys that it's in the new packaging and not a fake. There are several threads on this forum as well as information on the DSTT website on how to recognize fakes.

-Bri

6. dfgged

Member dfgged GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sorry for double posting, I say iTouch DS.

7. moodswinger

Member moodswinger GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
  8. Sportsmaniac1322

Member Sportsmaniac1322 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'd say the iTouchDS because it has more features like RTS. I agree with Bri though when I say to stay away from those two cards. Get an EDGE or an Acekard. If the kid is clumsy and breaks things easily, get the EDGE because it's extremely sturdy. If you want a cart with a nice menu (but be warned, it breaks easily!) get the Acekard2. I think those two are the best choices.