DSTT Using Retros 6.2 Firmware - Old Menu?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by vamorex3000, Dec 19, 2010.

Dec 19, 2010
  1. vamorex3000
    OP

Newcomer vamorex3000 Member

United Kingdom
    Hey all.

So after a long time of scouring the internet, wondering why my games wouldn't play on my DSi, I came across the wonderfull little gem that is: Retrogamefan.

Did a lot of reading of his topics and discovered that DSTT no longer release firmware updates, making newer games unplayable. Needless to say i quickly downloaded Retro's firmware and updated my DSTT with it.

Now when I boot it up, It boots into YSMENU (I Believe its YSMENU anyway), The top screen displays: GAMES and TTMENU.NDS. If i select TTMENU.NDS it loads up the old Menu.

My question is this: Is it possible to make it boot to the old DSTT menu automatically? Without losing any of the benefits of Retros firmware update? The reason i ask is because I do a fair few flashcards for friends and family and more than one of them took one look at the YSMENU and couldn't figure out what to do except keep tapping the touch screen watching it change between GAMES and PARENT FOLDER which made me LOL

Might sound like an odd request but I'm sure it may be possible [​IMG] If anyone can help me out i'd greatly appreciate it.

Once again thanks for reading and a big thanks to Retrogamefan for working so hard to supply us with what DSTT will not.

2. BBR

Newcomer BBR Advanced Member

Mexico
    Change the files name

TTMenu.dat - YSMenu.dat
    TTMenu.nds - TTMenu.dat

3. vamorex3000
    OP

Newcomer vamorex3000 Member

United Kingdom
    Hey there, thanks for your response.

I tried to do as you said, and ended up looking at a red crying MicroSD image when I turned the DS on, seems I failed lol.

Here is my DSTT's memory folder, as it was, without any modifications, what needs to be changed in here?

Also, the TTMENU.NDS won't seem to let me change the extension to .DAT like you said, bit confused on that matter

Thanks and sorry for having to ask again =\

[​IMG]