Hacking dstt ttmenu

mummy_bear67

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi i have bought a dstt card and a sd card and have dragged and dropped games onto the memory card but when i put it in my ds it just says menu and wont load. i have formatted the sd card using fat 32, but i have heard that i may need to download ttmenu onto the sd card to make it work. is this right and if so what exactly do i need to download and where can i download it from. im not very clever with these gadgets so could someone please help me with step by step details. thanks, julie.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To set up your (possibly fake) DSTT for the first time, follow these directions:[*]Use the Panasonic formatter to reformat your microSD card: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html[*]Grab the official 1.17 menu from here (but do NOT install TTMENU.DAT from it as it contains the fake-killer code!!!): http://www.ndstt.com/download.html[*]Copy the TTMENU folder (but not TTMENU.DAT) from the official firmware to your microSD card.[*]Grab this archive: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4086[*]Copy TTMENU.DAT from the archive to your microSD card (that version has the fake-killer code disabled). Optional: copy DsttFlashChecker.nds to your microSD card.[*]Make a folder named "games" on your microSD card. Copy 2 or 3 games (.nds files) to the new "games" folder.[*]Run "safely remove hardware", select your microSD reader in the list, and press STOP before removing your microSD card from your PC.[*]Insert your DSTT into the NDS. Insert your microSD card into the DSTT. Turn on the NDS.[*]You should see a menu with your games and the DsttFlashChecker program listed (if you installed it). You can run DsttFlashChecker if you installed it to see if you have a real or a fake DSTT.[*]You should be able to run your games now. Always keep the following in mind:
  • Always leave some free space on your microSD card for save files and system files.
  • Always put games into your "games" folder. Also, put homebrew into a folder. Leave as few files as possible on the root of your microSD card.
  • Always use "safely remove hardware" to remove your microSD card from your PC.
  • Use the Panasonic formatter if you ever have to reformat.
  • Make sure you don't use the official TTMENU.DAT (particularly if you have a fake) because it contains fake-killer code.
-Bri

sneerfulbrute

Trophies
XP
Country
Be kind to me I'm very new to this!

I looked at the DSTT website recently and discovered a checking piece of software for DSTTi's I thought mine was fake but it told me mine was genuine! As far as I know all it does is check your cartridge I don't think a killer is built into it!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum, sneerfulbrute. I haven't seen anyone report that the DSTTi checker has fake-killer code built into it, but you never know with the DSTT team. On the other hand, I didn't even know there were fake DSTTi's so maybe this is a preemptive move on the part of Team DSTT. I sure wish they'd spend as much time improving their firmware as they do worrying about fakes.

-Bri

sneerfulbrute

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks bri - just a little update. I recieved my DSTTi which I had ordered direct from the DSTT website in Hong Kong today. After doing all the usual I went back to a little celophane packet that had come with it. I opened it up to to my surprise and delight there was a free pack of DSi srceen protectors. Its a small thing of course, but it was a nice touch! Further to this point - A site that I deal with wants £7.50 + Post for the screen savers I got for free!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu