Hacking DSTT/TTDS FAQ

ShadowStitch

Devilot's Tubtoy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xlaze said:
Hi, I just registed for this forum to get some help for my dstt. I have read many threads and forums, and it seems like many people I have the same problem. My dstt just doesn't connect or has bad contact with my ds. I tried placing a card behind it and it worked, for a while. It was just tedious.

Now I started bending it just slightly, and it worked after a couple of attempts. Now it just doesn't work no matter how many times I place a card behind the dstt, or bend it slightly.

I am wondering if its possible that I broke it by bending it? And I am interested in opening it and trying to fix it myself, since I cannot return it .Any help is appreciated .

I don't know if this is of any help to you specifically, but I keep wondering if this problem couldn't be resolved by coating each one of the copper "piano key" pads on the DSTT cart with a small layer of solder, raising the profile of the entire connector by just a hair...given the distances involved here are ~1mm or less, this might be enough to make the contacts connect properly... It's what I would try if mine were having this problem.

Xlaze, you may have damaged the cart by bending it...micrometer thin copper is not the most elastic thing in the world. One small broken trace could be the end. I'd examine the board very closely, maybe use a multimeter to determine connectivity between points and see if something broke.
frown.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@Urza:

Might want to add a few things to the FAQ:

1) Don't put all your .nds and .sav files on the root of your microSD. There is a limit to the number of files that can go on the root and eventually the DSTT will freeze when trying to create save files. Make a folder named "games" and put all the .nds and .sav files there.

2) Make sure your microSD has enough free space for save files.

3) There is a quick and dirty way to alphabetize your files. If your games are in a "games" folder, make a new folder (name it "temp"). Go into "games" and select all (ctrl-A) and cut (ctrl-X). Go into the new "temp" folder and paste (ctrl-V). Then select all and cut again (ctrl-A ctrl-X) and go back to the "games" folder and paste (ctrl-V). You can then delete the "temp" folder. Takes about 20 seconds (depending on how many games you have).

-Bri

macewarrier

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone tell me how to use the cheats on the TTDS/DSTT cuz i know how to switch "cheat" on but how do you actually select the cheats u want?

rix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
A new kernel 1.10 was recently released.
Will this also fix the "non-alphabetical-sort" of the roms ?

Or do we still need to move all the roms from the memorycard and back again with each new rom that we add to the card ?

Mrbob2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All you need to do is use drivesort, a little prog that simply sorts your files into alpha order then saves the structure. Im always adding new games and only takes a sec to update. I certainly wouldnt want to remove and re add 3.5gb of games everytime lol

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The easiest and fastest way to sort your roms (takes about 20 seconds):[*]Create a new folder at the root of your microSD card named "games2".[*]Go into your "games" folder (or wherever you keep your .nds files).[*]Do a "select all" (CTRL-A).[*]Do a "cut" (CTRL-X).[*]Go to your new "games2" folder.[*]Do a "paste" (CTRL-V).[*]Do a "select all" (CTRL-A).[*]Do a "cut" (CTRL-X).[*]Go back to your (now empty) "games" folder.[*]Do a "paste" (CTRL-V).[*]Delete your "games2" folder.Since none of the files are actually moving off of your microSD drive, they cut/paste very quickly (it really only updates the filenames in the file table).

-Bri

MrFortesque

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anyone who cares to help, I have a question.
I'm trying to convert .RAR files into .nds file, but all of the files aren't in winRAR format - they're just in a normal folder, with a single rar file inside it. Could someone please tell me what I need to do to convert my files from rar format to nds?

Edit: Nevermind, I realised I didn't have winrar installed.
*Self-face-slaps*

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
Might need to add this into Moonshell installation part of the FAQs,

DSTT firmware comes with a reset.mse file which you copy into the Moonshell folder for its soft-reset (start) to work.

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't see that this was covered in this faq, or in the other posts, but I have the Ewin rumble pack coming with the TTDS i ordered, will that natively work since it is the same as what came in the bundle? also, does the ewin expansion/gba pack work natively? I know you need gba-exploader to use the gba function, just seeing what's native and what's needing patched or 3rd party software.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YSMenu will load both GBA and Opera with the eWin 2in1 without any loaders or patching.

The official TTMenu requires GBA ExpLoader to to load both GBA and Opera with the eWin 2in1.

There is a patch for Opera that will allow it to work with the eWin 2in1 without a loader.

-Bri

alkhair

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i have a question to ask.... my ds lite is using dstt and like i've read before it jumps straight to the dstt os menu and not the main original menu. how do i get back to that main menu? i have videos converted to put inside but i simply can't get to the main menu therefore i can't do any other thing with the ds lite other than playing the games.

please HELP.

Posts merged

i have a question to ask.... my ds lite is using dstt and like i've read before it jumps straight to the dstt os menu and not the main original menu. how do i get back to that main menu? i have videos converted to put inside but i simply can't get to the main menu therefore i can't do any other thing with the ds lite other than playing the games.

please HELP.

woland84

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
For going back to DS menu use Yasu's back2firmware. You can find link here on GBAtemp, sorry I'm too lazy.
But I don't see connection between movies and ds menu. If they are in .dpg format use Moonshell.

apocalypticvisio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all apps and homebrew have to be accessed through the ysmenu or dstt firmware/os. why would you go back to the ds screen? one you do that, you can't get back to the dstt without resetting the whole system.

alkhair

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
so if i stick to the dstt menu, is it still possible to load movies on top of games and how do you go about doing it? www.ndstt.com can't seem to load for few days already.

please help. thank you.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To load movies, you have to install Moonshell. Moonshell has a .nds file in it, which will show up in the DSTT menu. Run it just like a game. Moonshell will give you a list of movies on your microSD card, and let you play them.

-Bri

alkhair

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i've downloaded moonshell and there's so many moonshell file in the set that i've downloaded and i have no idea which one to select.
what should i do next?

and does it support play of .mp4 files?

Please help. thank you.

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
nope doesn't support MP4 and neither does it's encoder WHICH IS WRONG.

Posts merged

nope doesn't support MP4 and neither does it's encoder WHICH IS WRONG.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.