DSTT - Strange files (Mac related)

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by SugaFree, Apr 23, 2009.

Apr 23, 2009
  1. SugaFree
    OP

Newcomer SugaFree Newbie

United States
    Alright so, I had just bought a DSTT and everything works fine and dandy. I did get that frozen loading glitch thing ON THE FIRST DAY but it seems to work fine now...

Anyway, there are these files that show up on the DSTT have been bugging me. I uploading files from Mac OSX mind you and these files show up with the same name as the roms, but the GameCode reads OS X. Whenever I would press these files, both screens of the DS will lock up and it stays white. They don't seem to be save files either. They also have a little CD icon with a green arrow on them.

I know that the logical thing to do is to not press them at all, but they fill up the game list space and I have accidently pressed them a few times and it gets annoying. Any way to get rid of these or do I have to use a Windows computer?

2. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
    Hrm. I don't use a mac and have very little to do with them other than supporting machines that sometimes have files copied to them from a mac.

There are often hidden files that macos uses for caching, indexing or something.
    I thought it only created a single index file for folders with images and sometimes a .trashed, not one hidden file per 'normal' file. But as I say I'm not that familiar with the platform.

You could try the info in the following link and set macosx to show hidden files, then you can hopefully see and delete them in finder.

http://lifehacker.com/software/command-lin...nder-188892.php

3. SugaFree
    OP

Newcomer SugaFree Newbie

United States
    Alright, I will try it out.

Thanks Count! [​IMG]

EDIT: Well, I think I will just have to upload the ROMs on a Windows computer. It is a bit tedious to see hidden files and folders on the Mac.

4. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
    Damn [​IMG]

I dont know of any other solution on the mac, sorry.

On a windows PC, ensure you have hidden files set to show:

My Computer | 'Tools' dropdown menu up top | Folder Options | 'View' tab | ensure that 'Show hidden files and folders' is selected in the 'Advanced settings' list.

5. SugaFree
    OP

Newcomer SugaFree Newbie

United States
    Ah well don't worry about ;D

At least I have an idea of what the problem may be. Mac OSX loves to keep files hidden from you and seeing as how these files do have the GameCode as OSX, it is related to Mac.

Thanks!

6. Loophole

Newcomer Loophole Newbie

There is a Pref Pane exactly for this type of thing.

Its Called Blue Harvest. Look it up on macupdate or similar.
    it removes .DStore and other "hidden" files and folders from Windows formatted and network drives. Ideal for R4 and DSTT cards.

HTH

Loophole

7. Kevin242

Newcomer Kevin242 Advanced Member

United States

Mine does the same thing. Those are files that you can't see with OSX but show up in DOS. I forget what they are called something like fork... anyway they are harmless don't worry bout them.

8. SugaFree
    OP

Newcomer SugaFree Newbie

United States
    Yea those files are harmless, but it did take up space. I got fed up so hooked it up to a Windows XP computer and removed the files there.

And thanks for the info Loophole [​IMG]

9. SugaFree
    OP

Newcomer SugaFree Newbie

United States
    Yea those files are harmless, but it did take up space. I got fed up so hooked it up to a Windows XP computer and removed the files there.

And thanks for the info Loophole [​IMG]