Hacking DSTT Skin Customization Confusion

elgin3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was trying to create a new DSTT skin, but it didn't work. I mean, I resized the pictures and converted them into a Bitmap image. Are you supposed to use the DSTT Skin Customizer? I don't understand how to use it. Help, PLEASE! :'(

What else is there supposed to do?
hate2.gif

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't have enough information to help you. It would be very useful if you could post your files, suitably compressed, so that I may download and have a look at them to see where your problem might be. Until then, here are some possible problems:
  • Your file names may be incorrect. That is to say they may not be the same as the original skin files. If your top background image, for example, is not named "BgUp.bmp" then it simply won't work.
  • The skin files may not be in the correct folder. Like the file names themselves, if your skin files aren't in /TTMenu/skin/default/ they simply won't be found by the TTMenu OS.
  • The skin files may be in the wrong kind of bitmap format. There are multiple types of bitmap, and they all may not work correctly. We know for sure that the standard Windows 16- or 24-bit bitmap format works fine.
  • You may have forgotten to create or copy a skin.ini file. That also is needed, though I'm not sure what kind of error its absence would generate.
Maybe one of those things are your problem? Certainly it isn't the lack of the skin customizer, because all that does is allow you to preview the skin without loading it onto your DSTT, as well as allowing you to tweak the text and highlight colors.

GT360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the eaisiest way was to dld a skin already made

you open the folders and replace the Bgup, bgdown, statusbar and the others button you make!

after that, open wintt customiser and open the skin.ini in the folder!

you can now see your creation!

for the other things on the program, try them! you see the result just after "apply"

good work
unsure.gif

GT360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
for me, i open my skin in dstt customiser and just push the "print screen" button on my keyboard

after that open Paint, clic on "edition>paste"

save and cut it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool