DSTT problem - won't load

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by alan33, Feb 18, 2009.

Feb 18, 2009

DSTT problem - won't load by alan33 at 11:54 PM (834 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. alan33
    OP

Newcomer alan33 Newbie

United States
    I have installed the two files on the micro sdhc card with a seperate folder for games. I currently have two games in the folder. When in insert the DSTT and power on the DS all I get is a blus screen with black lines and a circle turning in the bottom screen in the lower left corner. Can anybody help me out?

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Try these steps:[*]Use the Panasonic formatter to reformat your microSD card: http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/d..._formatter.html[*]Grab the official 1.17 menu from here (but do NOT install TTMENU.DAT from it as it contains the fake-killer code!!!): http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4476[*]Copy the TTMENU folder (but not TTMENU.DAT) from the official firmware to your microSD card.[*]Grab this archive: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=4086[*]Copy all four files from the archive to your microSD card.[*]Make a folder named "games" on your microSD card. Copy 2 or 3 games (.nds files) to the new "games" folder.[*]Run "safely remove hardware", select your microSD reader in the list, and press STOP before removing your microSD card from your PC.[*]Insert your DSTT into the NDS. Insert your microSD card into the DSTT. Turn on the NDS.[*]Run the DsttFlashChecker program to see if you have a real or a fake DSTT. If you have a fake DSTT and suspect that it may have been destroyed by the official fake-killer firmware, run the DsttFlashWriter program to re-flash your DSTT.[*]You should be able to run your games now. You can delete DsttFlashChecker.nds, DsttFlashWriter.nds, and DSTTDUMP.BIN from your microSD card if you want.[*]Always keep the following in mind:
    • Always leave some free space on your microSD card for save files and system files.
    • Always put games into your "games" folder. Also, put homebrew into a folder. Leave as few files as possible on the root of your microSD card.
    • Always use "safely remove hardware" to remove your microSD card from your PC.
    • Use the Panasonic formatter if you ever have to reformat.
    • Make sure you don't use the official TTMENU.DAT (particularly if you have a fake) because it contains fake-killer code.
    -Bri

3. alan33
    OP

Newcomer alan33 Newbie

United States
    Bri,
    Everything is working perfectly. Just wanted to say THANK YOU!!

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You're welcome! Glad it worked out! Pay special attention to step 11 above to keep your microSD card from getting corrupt.

-Bri