Hacking DSTT Problem - Menu Freezing?

united72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Now we're getting somewhere my friend - it's the one on the right!

Im absolutely 100% the card isn't or wasn't empty, there was approx 40 games on the card which by the way is a kingston 2Gb card. What Im wondering is - how come the PC is not visibly showing the files on the card yet when I check the disk space the files are obviously still there?

So far we've concluded from your knowledge that the card is reading on the DS as empty according to the icon on the right and the PC is also showing the files as empty until you check the properties on the card and the disk space is telling us otherwise.

Weird - I'm looking forwrad to your next reply my friend!

I'll be home in about an hour and will load the card on my laptop and let you know where Im at...

J.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It sounds as though your microSD card is getting corrupted. The icon you're seeing would be consistent with that (the DSTT is unable to find/load the menu).

This can be caused by several things: incorrect formatting (the Panasonic formatter should take care of that possibility), a bad microSD reader, a bad microSD card, not leaving free space on the microSD card, not using "safely remove hardware" before removing the microSD card from the PC, not putting the games in a "games" folder, etc.

So...when you first followed the instructions, did it work for a while before it got corrupt? 40 games is probably the maximum you can fit on a 2GB microSD card, so are you sure that you left plenty of free space on the microSD card for system and save files to be created?

-Bri

united72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Bri,

I've reloaded the SD card with the TTMENU etc and put on about 20 odd games, its been working since Wednesday evening now so fingers crossed!

I'm a bit worried all in all though cos I've got 10 of these cards ordered and hope I dont run into the same issues!

So where is the best place to monitor for the latest firmware that will not kill the fake DSTT cards?

Thanks mate,

J.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you run the "safe" firmware, it is unlikely that you'll have the same issues. However, you may very well encounter other issues (hardware issues with the DSTT have not been uncommon as of late and are not so easily fixed).

In order to keep your firmware up to date, just keep checking the "DSTT / TopToy DS" section of this forum and the Downloads area, particularly after a new version of the official firmware is released. Chances are a few days after a "safe" version will be released and will appear in the download section of this site. Usually, new firmware releases only have some fixes for a few new (and usually obscure) games, so it's really not imperative to always have the latest firmware -- so just be patient and wait for a "safe" version to avoid problems.

Alternately, if you know you have a fake DSTT, return it to the store you bought it from for a real one. There is no difference in price, and it's always better to have a real one. Plus, you're supporting the team that's actually producing updates to the firmware rather than a group that's stealing those updates. Maybe if enough people insist on the real ones, the DSTT team will be able to concentrate on improving their product (which is woefully inadequate compared to other flash carts in the same price range like the Acekard 2) rather than on fake-killer code.

-Bri

iczfire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had the same problem, but the thing is, it's been working fine, up until 20 minutes ago. I ran the official DS browser, and it starting being weird. I took everything off the card, and I reformatted it. While I was transferring the files on my DSTT to my PC, I couldn't copy over SETTINGS.sys, and it told me that it was corrupted. I downloaded the firmware again, and I put a new TTmenu on, along with all my games. I started a game, it worked, but when I reset it to choose a new game, nothing worked.

should I follow your fake dstt instructions?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are your games in a "games" folder? It sounds as though you've got too many files on the root of your microSD card. You might also not be leaving enough free space on your microSD card for the system files or save files . It's also possible that you forgot to use "safely remove hardware" or used the Windows formatting function rather than the Panasonic formatter and corrupted your microSD card.

Have you run DsttFlashChecker to see if you have a real or fake?

Whatever the problem is, I would suggest following the instructions in this post. Even if you have a real DSTT, the "safe" firmware can't hurt. Pay particular attention to the items in step 11 in order to keep your microSD card from becoming corrupted.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: