dstt loading speed

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by W.I.C.K.E.D., Mar 26, 2009.

Mar 26, 2009

dstt loading speed by W.I.C.K.E.D. at 1:12 AM (2,320 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. W.I.C.K.E.D.
    OP

Member W.I.C.K.E.D. GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just received one of these in the mail, I currently have two edge carts. The loading time on this dstt seems really slow. Loading gta takes anywhere from 15-20 seconds. It is real, I used the firmware from the dstt site. Can anyone offer any advice? Should I reformat the micro sd card? My other question is, this is the card with tf slot on the right if looking at the face of the dstt cartridge. Will the changes made by the savlib.dat and infolib.dat work with this card? I've never even touched a dstt till this point so I'm very unfamiliar with this cartridge. Reason I ask is this is for a friend and I'm hooking him up, I just wanna make this card a good experience for him and make the future games he gets for this function properly if they have a 1mb sav. He's not very computer literate so I was gonna switch these out for him if it would simplify it for him and help avoid future problems.

reference to the thread involving savlib.dat and infolib.dat
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=141993

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

EDIT:my apologies for the double post, my laptop messed up. If one of the mods see this can you please combine the two so I'm not wasting forum space? Thank you

2. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    I mocked my GF about how slow things loaded on the DSTT, and then tried the infolib.dat from that link, and SHE said it seemed slower, so I'm not sure if it works.

3. dark-koopa

Newcomer dark-koopa Advanced Member

Canada
    my GTA was slow too.

All i did is get the infolib. now it takes 2-3 seconds

4. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    You're complaining it takes 2-3 seconds !!!! [​IMG] Are you impatient or something ???? [​IMG]

You should compare it to 'N5 Revolution'

I don't have GTA but as a example I'll use 'Animal Crossing Wild World' using a cheap 2Gb Sandisk MicroSD (not one of their 'High-Speed' 2Gb either). The timing is based on when I start the game (Pressing [A]) to when the ingame 'nintendo' title screen shows up & Sound Plays

On my Old M3 Simply - took ~ 7-9 Seconds to load
    On the N5 Revolution - took ~ 16-18 Seconds to load [​IMG] Yes that's not a misprint !!!
    On DSTTi (using TTMenu) - takes ~9-10 Seconds
    On DSTTi (using YSMenu) - takes ~10-11 Seconds

Think yourself lucky it only take you 2-3 seconds

5. The_JetSetBeat

Member The_JetSetBeat GBAtemp Regular

United States

Uhhh.....he's not complaining at all. He's stating that his load times WERE long and now, after replacing those files, it only takes 2-3 second to load.

--

6. formicae

Newcomer formicae Newbie

Canada
    Swapping out the infolib.dat with the one in the other thread dropped my GTA load time from ~15 seconds (!) to about 4-5 (!!). Other games' load times were shortened as well. I wouldn't imagine there being a problem using the files on any revision of the DSTT -- the software's all the same and lives on the MicroSD...

7. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    I must be doing something wrong - I've downloaded & installed those new files into my TTMenu folder (Replacing the original ones) but the startup times for ACWW is in fact longer in loading (by a couple of seconds) regardless of whether it's a 512 or a 1Mb sav file

8. Pendor

Member Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Loading times and savefile sizes are not related.

9. kashin

Member kashin GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    The first time you load a game it can take a while, after that it'll load quite fast.
    Every game i have on my flashcard (+/- 50) loads in 5 secs tops. It depends on your MicroSD card aswell.

PS: It always amazes me how people can get worked up over 10 seconds lol, i wouldn't even care if all my games took 1 min to load, once it's loaded i can still play it for 10 hours straight anyway..

10. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    I've tried again but still no joy in faster AC:WW loading (could it be I'm using an old SAV game & not letting it make a New one? - I Hate to lose my currentl settings).
    Currently reformatting the MicroSD & I'll try again to see if that improves it. If it still doesn't 'speed up' then I Guess it must be something to do with card

What is the MicroSd card you are using (Manufacturer/Size/Standard SD or SDHC (class size if known?)) ?

11. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Make sure you use the Panasonic formatter and not the Windows format. The Windows format doesn't conform to the SD standard and will either slow down your microSD card or will eventually cause corruption.

-Bri

12. AC/DS

Member AC/DS GBAtemp Regular

Slovakia
    Seconded.

13. CannonFoddr

United Kingdom
    I'm afraid that's all I do use to format MicroSD cards.
    I've tried a 3rd time & STILL no speed improvements - so I'm guessing that :-

a) AC:WW doesn't benefit from the new libraries (I haven't tried any other games as they all seem to load in fast enough anyway IMHO)
    b) My MicroSD card is 'getting on a bit' & not capable of fast access etc