Hacking DSTT Issue

Dragonsage56

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a new DSTT and have downloaded the menu from the website. Upon turning it on I found that it had the "Menu?" symbol on it so I looked up how to fix it and eventually found out that I needed the adapter file. Once I put that in, however, I found there was another problem. When I turned it on this time I found that the screen had black and purple strips as well as a loading symbol in the bottom. I thought it was just loading so I went away for a while but it never loaded, could someone please help me? Thanks.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's hard to tell from your description.

You may have installed the menu incorrectly, your microSD card could be bad, your micoSD reader might be bad, your microSD card could be corrupted (if you didn't use "safely remove harware" before removing it from your PC), you might have filled your microSD card too full, you might have too many files on the root of your microSD card (put games in a "games" folder, not on the root), you might have a bad flash cart, or you might have even fried a fake flash cart with the 1.16 menu (you should use 1.15 instead of 1.16 which has been reported to destroy some flash carts).

First try to eliminate the simple ones. Check to see if you have a fake DSTT: http://www.ndstt.com/en/anti_fake.html

If it's fake, return it to wherever you bought it from in exchange for a real one.

If it's real and you didn't use "safely remove hardware" reformat your microSD card using the Panasonic formatter and try again. Make sure you install version 1.15 of the firmware correctly (drop the TTMENU.DAT file and TTMENU folder onto your microSD card). Make sure to put your .nds files in a "games" folder and leave plenty of free space for it to create the system files and save it needs.

If you still have problems, you might want to try it with a different card reader and/or microSD card to eliminate those possibilities. If it still doesn't work, you probably have a bad DSTT, and you'll need to return it for a working one.

-Bri

KaiserGustaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same exact thing happens to mine, right down to the purple and black lines. I can't tell if it's a case of being "bricked" or not because when I load the DSTT without a MicroSD card in, it seems to give me the "Menu?" or "Card?" prompt.

Firmware used was 1.15.

Though I haven't opened the cart itself, according to the other 'spotting a fake' thread, I think my cart is legit on the outside and the box it was in seemed fine.

The MicroSD card I used was recently bought and formatted using that Panasonic thingy.

Should the only folders in the root be "Games" and "TTMenu"?

KaiserGustaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I got mine working. Hopefully, it's real and will last in the long-run. The menu not loading was a problem of me not organizing my files correctly in the root files.

Let's just hope this thing doesn't break down by x-mas when I give it to my brother.

freddysmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also had a similar screen until I loaded a default skin, might be something to try.
Check you have a sub folder called 'default' in the 'skin' folder.
This default folder should contain several files which display menu pictures on both screens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • AncientBoi
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i kinda left without giving the quote, but here it is