Hacking DSTT from NDS-Gear.com?

foreverseeking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know whether or not to buy a DSTT card. I bought an R4 card from NDS-Gear and it arrived in 2 days so quite happy, and they've now started selling DSTT's which are cheaper. But I really like the R4 and they taught me how to use it, so my son's quite happy with it at the moment.

Should I risk buying a cheaper DSTT card and not know how to use it, or is R4 the safe bet?

Cheers
wacko.gif

ndsdave

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't believe that there is any risk. The OS is simple and the card works well. I don't own an R4, but I'm sure the R4 setup is easy - and so too is the DSTT. Check out the stickies at the top of the forum for some guidance. I think the DSTT is excellent value for money.
With any card, dodgy roms and dodgy firmware will give you grief. Get your firmware from the DSTT website and you'll be fine

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've been going through this very dilemma for the past week or two. I'll be going with the R4 for one main reason. Updates! The R4 gets updates. The DSTT hasn't been out for long enough for me to trust them. And the only reason I even have any issues is because of my ds-x. I was promised all these fancy features and now I have an out of date cart that loses value everyday..

The Afroman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You ordered an R4 from NDS-Gear and your in the US and got it in 2 days??

I see that they are in the UK.. am i missing something..

foreverseeking

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You ordered an R4 from NDS-Gear and your in the US and got it in 2 days??

I see that they are in the UK.. am i missing something..

I wanted it quickly so they offered to DHL it for an extra $5 on the shipping, which I think was worth it since it was a present!
tongue.gif

Anyway, the reason I'm going back there is because they actually have stock, so I'm not stuck waiting for 4 weeks after I place my order! The question is, whether I go with the DSTT because it's cheaper than the R4.

Anyone else have opinions on DSTT vs R4, or that website in general?

Cheers!

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
IMHO the DSTT is much better than my m3 simply ever was or ever will be......

1. faster
2. nicer to look at (GUI)
3. cheaper (price wise)
4. SDHC

edit
fuck dude £40 for a dstt that site sucks there £15 @ minionlinestore & they have stock & it only take a week for delivery

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn