Hacking DSTT doesn't want to boot.

darkdude98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got my toptoy earlier today however it doesn't want to work.

I've put the latest firmware on a Kingston 2GB microSD card along with a few games, put the microsd inside of the Toptoy. Then the toptoy in the DS and switch it on, one of two things happen:

1) DS loads to main screen and says unable to find anything in the DS slot.
2) Health and Safety message starts to appear, but the DS freezes halfway through.

I've managed to get it to boot up twice, which was earlier before I had to head out. I was having the same problems before then, then switched it on and it decided to boot up. Restarted and it booted again! Got back and it hasn't been working since
cry.gif

Tried everything I can think of, removing everything from the MicroSD card then formatting it, downloading the Firmware again however none of it appears to work.

Any help would be GREATLY appreiciated.

Thanks in advance.

darkdude98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried sticking in a bit of paper to make the contact better, still nothing.

Also have tried multiple firmwares, unfortunatly I don't have any more microSD cards.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Even without a MicroSD in the slot it should boot to a screen complaining about it not being there.
(source, 8th image down)
The DSTT must be faulty, you'll have to send it back to the seller for replacement
frown.gif

darkdude98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's what I thought Psyfira, Sent DealExtreme a message so I guess I await a response.

Going to be about 2-3 weeks before I get a replacement =/

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Going to be about 2-3 weeks before I get a replacement =/

LOL good luck with that i still havnt got mine i ordered on the 16th dec from DealExtreme
i got one else were while i was waiting....... minionlinestore arrived in 8 days to the uk

darkdude98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered mine on the 28th of December and got it today. Did yours come with a rumble pack? I just got the basic one, cost £12.30 or something I believe,!

daz_martin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there

Which card did you 'bend a bit' I have just received my NDSTT this morning formatted the Micro SD downloaded the software and it will not boot, even without the microsd inserted I just get very dull ( brightness) health and safety screen and nothing else........ Very disappointed, waited ages for this from Dealextreme :'(

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1st make sure you have your menu files on root of memory card, and before you put your menu files on make sure you format the memory card, to preferably fat32

rwilts

Trophies
XP
Country
Just spent 10 min trying to get my TTDS to work. Just wasnt recognised in any way what so ever. SO gave it a slight flex (bend) and recognised immediately. Bend it length ways so that the label is on the outside... very slight pressure required.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
martin, Did you put the load files on it after formatting? whats the error message? Did you copy and games on it?

Come on man, I'm sure we can help you! cheeeeeeeer up mate!

Dobbin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi - can someone give a better description of the bending technique?
I did read above, but didn't get it....

For example, do you hold the card with the label away from you but upright; then bend the card in half along an imaginary line running centrally from top to bottom. Would this be towards or away from you?

Thanks,
Damon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey