Hacking DSTT: Death by Chrono Trigger?

rasputin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What we need is someone to confirm these latest batch of fakes from DX die quickly with 1.15 firmware too. Then it should be clearer wether it's 1.16 (first version?) that's killing them or it's just a bad production run from the cloners.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I have DSTT on my Supercard (with the triple loader) and just use use Ys Menu (not DSTT firmware), can it damage my card?

mega man x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I don't understand is how mine just started to degrade after at least 6 hours of CT play. If it was a fake killer and mine is one, then it should have gone quickly on the first boot, like my brothers. The other question is whether any of you guys can boot the DSTT without a memcard. I did it three times with the older card, 2 times without and one with. The time with the memcard I was able to run a game. I am at a complete loss here. Is it possible I "tweaked" my old card when I took it out to test the fake? That was when It started giving me problems. Are there any suggestions?

curiousmike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two different TT cards, purchased from DealExtreme, but about 6 months apart ( came in different packaging. )

Neither have been able to boot without a memory card.

StylusSamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
curiousmike said:
I have two different TT cards, purchased from DealExtreme, but about 6 months apart ( came in different packaging. )

Neither have been able to boot without a memory card.
DSTTs need a menu downloaded to the microsd card in order for it to run, it doesn't have internal menus
well, none that I know of

Syao4

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
CT killed my DSTT too I guess...
When I turn on the DS, it keeps loading forever \:
Any way to fix it?
(And I didn't even start playing CT, I just pasted it into the folder, along with deleting some older games. )

Syao4

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Dark_Void said:
DSTT Users: DO NOT RUN THE PATCHED FILE. On 3 seperate DSTT's it corrupted the TF every time. The cheat code bypass works 100%, just use that.

Could you please elaborate?

Dark_Void

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Syao4

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Dark_Void said:
Syao4 said:
Dark_Void said:
DSTT Users: DO NOT RUN THE PATCHED FILE. On 3 seperate DSTT's it corrupted the TF every time. The cheat code bypass works 100%, just use that.

See:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118...p;#entry1585272

There is no need to ever patch the game, just save that code as "On" and it'll run fine every time.
Thanks, to use it I just open the .bat file?
It seperates the ROM to two files..
Edit:
Hmm yeah I guess I'll just use the japanese version with the codes, thanks.

Dark_Void

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Syao4 said:
Dark_Void said:
Syao4 said:
Dark_Void said:

See:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=118...p;#entry1585272

There is no need to ever patch the game, just save that code as "On" and it'll run fine every time.
Thanks, to use it I just open the .bat file?
It seperates the ROM to two files..

I revised the link on the first page. I have no idea if that patch works and I recommend against using a patch. Check the revised link and use the cheat code on the first page of that thread.

Dark_Void

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm yeah I guess I'll just use the japanese version with the codes, thanks.

The code on that page is for the english version. Of course the japanese version is exactly the same unless you want to play in French.

supermoose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello i am new here but after looking around on the internet for this exact problem, i have a card thats killed using the 1.6 firmware which i got 3days ago from DX i can confirm that mine is a fake and matches up with the fake picture so be ware there current batch apears to be fake.

oh btw it wasnt killed playing chrono trigger only game i played on was guitar hero WT i did notice this happened when i put on DS organiser tho

mega man x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what I meant by boot was the microsd smiley that asks for the card. You know: "card?" "menu?" That's that i meant. Sorry I didn't clarify. Also I played CT with the Jap version using the cheatcode Database with "non-m3" selected with firm 1.16

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong