DSTT are Becoming...WORTHLESS!!!

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by tiger1807, Nov 19, 2008.

Nov 19, 2008
  1. tiger1807
    OP

Newcomer tiger1807 Member

United States
    i mean come on, why does dstt's have to be that dirt cheap! okay if it was $20 since its for ripping off games, but $10!!!!!! even a 2gb is even more than that!!! ( at retailer shops only.) ha, and they don't expect companies to ripoff them. and flash cards in general, no wonder Nintendo is hoping the dsi to stop the chaos. Heck, i know now a pre-k kid wondering with his new" cool hacking device" If every one bought them,what is the point of ripping off games, the ripped off games will be the Real games themselves if it continued like this. their destroying the uniqeness of having a dstt and shame on people who have the real games. to be straight out. Its the complete opposite, and its kind of a cheap sign. ( i bought it with a 2gb for roughly $60 and that's my point)

any one agrees?

or am i the only one here [​IMG]

2. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
    I would differentiate 'seemingly cheaper than its worth' from worthless.

Just having functionality that you want (at any dollar value) would mean its not worthless. It could be overpriced or under priced, but if it does something you want then its not worthless by definition.
    Perhaps you meant under priced or undervalued?

I guess if you get a non working cart from a place that wont take returns, then it would be worthless.

Why would a consumer be bothered by something costing too little, its better than the profit margins at manufacturing, wholesale and/or retail being higher.
    Not good for the workers and probably the environment (as most Chinese products seem to be), but good for the consumer.

$60 is a lot for a 2gb microSD (even from a bricks and mortar store), I hope that was a fair while ago.

3. Searinox

Member Searinox Just a taste~ ;3

Romania
    DSTT? Nah they're okay. [​IMG]

4. Hehe Moo

Member Hehe Moo Moo?

Australia
    So what you're saying is... DSTT is crap now, because you think it's cool when you're the only one who has it? Be a little more selfless [​IMG]

5. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I have a $40 DSTT I can sell you if that would help.

-Bri

6. tiger1807
    OP

United States

you missed the point,

if you got the first restaurant in town, and other people are trying to build off more and more of restaurants and you know that if it wasn't for you, they wouldn't have these restaurants before you, and that's my whole point. im probably being sarcastic about worthless, but it is very under-priced to people who bought it when it came out. [​IMG] ( like me [​IMG] )

7. tiger1807
    OP

United States
    too bad i already got one [​IMG]

8. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    No, it looks like he got the point exactly

9. tiger1807
    OP

United States
    Yeah, and it will damage the economy if pre-k kids did this. in other words, were counting on those kids that beg their parents to give money so Nintendo could start making games.And we don't want THAT to happen do we that is also another point im trying to make out of the prek kid. [​IMG]

10. EmperorOfCanada

Member EmperorOfCanada GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    I think you need to brush up on your economics.

11. jagerstaffel

Member jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Say, uh.... tiger, I don't mean to be rude here, but why don't you fork over some $7 or so to join the crowd who bought these sub $10 DSTT's? I mean, if it hurts so much to be the only one who paid nearly $60 for it, why not join the $9 - $6 crowd and put a smile on your face? [​IMG]

But then that'd be like paying $69 for two, so...... [​IMG]

12. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    But if he bought 4 or 5, it would be about $17.50 apiece. The more he buys, the better he will feel about himself (and the poorer he'll be). But who can put a price tag on happiness? I say go for it!

-Bri

13. hyun

Member hyun GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think
    DSTT team will stop providing the firmwares for dstt.
    (my opinion)

14. jagerstaffel

Member jagerstaffel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Why would they do that? Are they going to take a long awaited vacation and spend the hundreds of dollars in DSTT sales chanting "We passed the R4 in units sold!"? [​IMG]

Ah, I guess that's what happens when a pirate gets pirated. Hey wasn't Captain Jack Sparrow backstabbed in one of them Pirates of the Carribean movies? [​IMG]