Hacking DSTT and 6GB MicroSDHC - Formatting for Music + Games

CenerHimself

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a 6GB MicroSDHC for my DSTT, and I want to put music, movies, games, and homebrew on it. What is the best way to format the card? I have Windows XP. I searched for the answer, but no one talked about music/movies. Thanks in advance!

CenerHimself

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, by best way, I meant, how to format it. I don't even know the first step of how to do it and what settings to use. Thanks again!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think there are instructions on the site where you can find the Panasonic formatter mentioned in that other thread. You can only format using FAT32 with a 6GB microSDHC, but if you have a choice you want to use the largest cluster size that is practical for the fastest read/write speed. In general the larger the cluster size, the less usable space on the microSDHC card but the faster the speed.

-Bri

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I got the 8GB sandisk, i formatted it to FAT32 64KB clusters (with standard windows format)
works great, even Castlevania PoR/DoS works quite well (PoR has freezed for me 1 time, DoS intro without lagg)

dawn.wan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Jebula said:
right click on the card and format.

Thats basically what i did.

I inserted the usb adapter in to my computer and windows automatically installs the drivers.

In windows explorer (press 'windows key' and 'E' on you key board) I just right clicked on the SD card (which will be displayed as a disk drive) and clicked format. Quick and it works fine. You can also format through the command prompt.. but the differences are minor, not leaps and bounds..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1