Gaming DsonPSP Unofficial v0.1 released!

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DsonPSP Unofficial v0.1 is released.DsonPSP is a Nintendo DS Emulator for the PSP.The DSONPSP emulator is based on DeSmuME v9 core, and has a file browser, frame skip, vertical and horizontal display options and a few other settings.

QUOTE said:
Original port by YoshiHiro based on DeSmUmE core 9

this is a continuation of the old DSonPSP project
i have included one homebrew game...
also in the package is a file called "samples.zip" it contains all of the DS samples that i have tested and that work, if you want to test them uncompress it and put the .nds files in the same folder as the eboot

place all of your other DS homebrew/backups in the same folder as the EBOOT

V0.1 CHANGES:
-New frontend

TODO:
DynaRec support
-Screenshots
-Savestates
-More VFPU usage
-Menu access while playing a game, so you can switch your rom without restarting the emulator
-support for zipped roms

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6H9VMHCQ
http://rapidshare.com/files/389470838/EmuC...cial01.zip.html

Credit goes to: Emucr.com

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about the touch screen?
ohmy.gif

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it good for someone with no DS? I guess you could side by side the screens, but considering most titles require some use of that damn touch screen being forced in there most the good shit you can't play. This no insult intended really with the creator seems like a huge f'n waste of time and effort on a stupid idea that can't be realized due to hardware limitations.

Perhaps years later when some PSP2 may be made and they go with a touch panel like everyone else will now thanks to the DS, then yeah I'd see value in it.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
How is it good for someone with no DS? I guess you could side by side the screens, but considering most titles require some use of that damn touch screen being forced in there most the good shit you can't play. This no insult intended really with the creator seems like a huge f'n waste of time and effort on a stupid idea that can't be realized due to hardware limitations.

Perhaps years later when some PSP2 may be made and they go with a touch panel like everyone else will now thanks to the DS, then yeah I'd see value in it.
How is there 'no insult intended' when you call it a stupid idea?

You seem to have a very limited imagination and handle on the DS library, because I can think of plenty of games worth playing with little or no touchscreen. Picross, Castlevania, Phoenix Wright, Advance Wars, Final Fantasy Tactics. Tons of RPGs.

Now picture being able to play them all from a PSP alongside all the other systems it currently supports like SNES, Sega, etc.

In other words, this emulator could mean very good things and you're stupid. No insult intended.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
dib said:
Vampire Hunter D said:

How is there 'no insult intended' when you call it a stupid idea?

You seem to have a very limited imagination and handle on the DS library, because I can think of plenty of games worth playing with little or no touchscreen. Picross, Castlevania, Phoenix Wright, Advance Wars, Final Fantasy Tactics. Tons of RPGs.

Now picture being able to play them all from a PSP alongside all the other systems it currently supports like SNES, Sega, etc.

In other words, this emulator could mean very good things and you're stupid. No insult intended.

No, he's right, it is a stupid idea. And just because he calls an idea stupid, it doesn't mean that he's insulting the developer. Yes, there is a use for very few games. Does that still make it a good idea? hardly.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That you 'dude' that's exactly what I was getting at, but Mr Defensive Pinhead couldn't grasp that so he had to call me dumb and lacking imagination. I'm aware you could fake a touch screen but it's fully impractical as the best way as already said is the analog stick.

Castlevania more or less can be done, if it's not the only great one of the lot Dawn of Sorrow, as you need to sketch a design to kill a boss so it's a no go there. Even if you could go the analog stick+button route, you only get a few seconds to rapidly draw the pattern which just ain't happening. Other games that use either or with touch/dpad+buttons like puzzle stuff (ZooKeeper, Puzzle League) sure they work w/out the stylus but they're slower and you'll score worse and Picross I used to have works, but still it's a little more painful as it's an afterthought control considering the time limits and all given in that. So really dib, you're being stupid here. The DS just isn't very practical for a lot of games, some sure, but not a lot. Might as well stick to all the other 8-16bit stuff and beyond people are picking up that don't need touch faked. And you know, I am calling you stupid since you wanted to pick a fight moron. Next time think before you over-react.

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think this is a good idea, once the touch screen thing is figured out, of course. though, it won't be the same, playing TWEWY with an analogue.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
Pfffft this is useless especially if i play Ace Attorney. In some games, you're required to shout in the mic. I wonder if you'll be able to pass it.
Cooking mama? Bleh. Picross? Maybe.
huh.gif

Yes yes. I know in the PSP 3000 that there is a mic.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
To everybody who's complaining the emulator sucks, just stfu.
Yes, the lack of touch screen and mic make it a bit stupid but its not being made and a DS alternative. Its being made to prove it can be done! Considering it appears to be running well without dynarec at the moment I'd say they're doing a damn fine job of it too.

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
That you 'dude' that's exactly what I was getting at, but Mr Defensive Pinhead couldn't grasp that so he had to call me dumb and lacking imagination. I'm aware you could fake a touch screen but it's fully impractical as the best way as already said is the analog stick.

Castlevania more or less can be done, if it's not the only great one of the lot Dawn of Sorrow, as you need to sketch a design to kill a boss so it's a no go there. Even if you could go the analog stick+button route, you only get a few seconds to rapidly draw the pattern which just ain't happening. Other games that use either or with touch/dpad+buttons like puzzle stuff (ZooKeeper, Puzzle League) sure they work w/out the stylus but they're slower and you'll score worse and Picross I used to have works, but still it's a little more painful as it's an afterthought control considering the time limits and all given in that. So really dib, you're being stupid here. The DS just isn't very practical for a lot of games, some sure, but not a lot. Might as well stick to all the other 8-16bit stuff and beyond people are picking up that don't need touch faked. And you know, I am calling you stupid since you wanted to pick a fight moron. Next time think before you over-react.

maybe with a few game hacks they would be compatable... such as phantom hourglass there was a code to use the buttons instead of stylus..... maybe a hack to automatically unseal doors in castlevania.....
if someone is going to invest the time to create the emu to make it possible... im sure a few code hacks or patches to a game should be no problem

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Jamstruth said:
To everybody who's complaining the emulator sucks, just stfu.
Yes, the lack of touch screen and mic make it a bit stupid but its not being made and a DS alternative. Its being made to prove it can be done! Considering it appears to be running well without dynarec at the moment I'd say they're doing a damn fine job of it too.

I have no doubt that it "can be done"

Can it be done well? Now that's the question you should be asking.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them