Hacking DSOne SDHC Crashing - Please Help!!

AfxTwn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I am currently using a Supercard DSOne SDHC flashcart with my NDS Lite and a Kingston 8GB microSD Class 4 (made in Taiwan). I have started to get a problem where when I load a game it may play fine for a short while but then crashes/freezes and I have to restart the DS. Upon restart and trying to load a game again, it just freezes again on the DSone's loading screen for the game. I am using the latest EOS 1.0 SP6 for the flashcart.

It doesn't matter which games I try to play as this problem occurs all the time. It's got to the stage now, where I can't load any games at all as I'm always faced with the same crash/freeze issue on the DSOneEOS loading screen.

I have tried formatting my microSD card with the Panasonic Formatter software but this has made no difference. I know some people suggest that the Japan Kingston models of microSD are the best but I don't see why only that specific card would work and no others. I've looked at the SDHC thread on this forum and the results are quite inconsistant when comparing microSD cards.

Anyway, I'm just wondering if it's a fault with the Supercard DSOne itself. I'm considering upgrading and buying a Supercard DSTwo but I don't know whether I should do or not as I don't want the same problem to happen if I buy that.

Has anyone experienced my problem and know of a solution? Would you recommend getting the DSTwo or should I save my money and stick to the DSOne and get a different microSD?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Your microSD card might have damaged sectors. I recently had that with mine and everything that was put on those damaged sectors, resulted in weird freezes.
Then a normal format usually won't do the trick.
I used HDD Regenator to fix my microSD, but if you want a free alternative. Then right click your usb drive, select properties, then tools and Error checking. Check both boxes.
Once it's done, it will convert the damaged sectors as space if any.

AfxTwn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply Killer, I tried scanning the microSD using the HDD Regenerator program you mentioned and it didn't find any bad sectors on the card.

So now I know the card is fine I can only assume there is something wrong the the DSOne flashcart itself. I think I might go ahead and order the DSTwo flashcart as it has some extra features and hopefully will actually work lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: