Dsone EOS freeze

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by mjavado, Mar 28, 2010.

1. mjavado
    OP

mjavado Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2009
    Netherlands
    Hi,

I've got some trouble with the new Dsone EOS. When I put all downloaded files on an empty flashcard and insert that flashcard in my Supercard SDHC slot-one card, boot my DS, all works fine.
    But if I try to run a ROM, the Dsone EOS 'LOADING...' screen comes up and it just freezes. Both SP1 and SP2 go this way and it doesn't matter wich game I try to boot.
    As I said, I've got a Supercard Dsone SDHC (english). I have always booted TTDS 1.12a12 until I tried to swich to EOS. And yes, I've made sure to download the right version of EOS, namely the English SDHC version.
    My flashcard is a Sandisk 16 Gb or a Sandisk 4 Gb. I've tried every setting to boot, but none works and every setting should work anyway.
    Can anyone solve my problem?

Thanks in advance,

Mjavado

2. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    Does it really freeze or does it just take really long to load?

3. mjavado
    OP

mjavado Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2009
    Netherlands
    I've even waited for an hour or so and no game.

4. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    Do the games load with the old OS? If so, it's definitely a problem with the EOS and I suggest you download all files again. There might be a corrupted file.

5. Raika

Raika uguu

Sep 15, 2008
    uguu
    I have the same problem. I'm using SP2, so I guess I'll switch back to SP1 for now. SP1 loaded the games just fine.

6. mjavado
    OP

mjavado Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2009
    Netherlands
    I've downloaded the files multiple times and yes, the games do work with the old OS. Also, files are made upon the first time I try to boot a game. A second boot takes just as long, however.

7. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    You mean the .DSO files? Or something else?

8. mjavado
    OP

mjavado Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2009
    Netherlands
    Yes I mean the .dso file.
    This file is 1kb for all games I tried to boot, don't know if it's supposed to be.

Also, I don't know if it's significant, when I try to change themes, after the 'do you want to restart' message and me pressing the 'A' button, it freezes the same way: 'Dsone EOS Loading ... ...'
    Upon restart, the theme's changed by the way.

9. Overlord Nadrian

Overlord Nadrian Banned

Banned
    Jul 28, 2008
    Belgium
    Riviera
    Yeah, it's supposed to be that small, it only contains a little bit of info regarding your settings for that game, like Save Size, Cheats on/off and other things.

I have no idea what's going on with you guys though, it's working jut fine on my DSonei.

10. Rogue_Syst3m

Rogue_Syst3m GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    J-Ville
    ask joedanger he always has an answer, or travel over to the supercard forums with us, alot of good advice there

11. Raika

Raika uguu

Sep 15, 2008
    uguu
    EDIT: Screw this, my logic is flawed. It didn't work.

12. mjavado
    OP

mjavado Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2009
    Netherlands
    Hasn't anyone got a solution to this? (One would say gbatemp knows everything! (Don't quote me on this, I know one can't know everything.))

13. rommy667

rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 21, 2008
    Down the road around the corner
    Its a bug in sp2 the team are working on it.for now the best option is to go back to sp1........

14. MgARBITER

MgARBITER Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2010
    United States
    I believe i had the same problem. What games are u trying to load? And if anything the others are right. SP2 might just have bugs. I have SP2 on my card with no problem though. If u hadnt already checked this thread do so. It may help. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=216493. Also if any of u still have a problem with HG/SS or WW DIY. Refer to this thread. Joedanger is a SC god lol. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=217769. It has AP fix for both on SP2 or 1.