DSlite homebrew and wifi issues

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by sakura19, Aug 6, 2008.

Aug 6, 2008
  1. sakura19
    OP

Newcomer sakura19 Newbie

I recently bought a polar white DS lite from amazon.ca. I am also using the R4 with 2GB microSD and I have wifi set up in the firmware.

I can connect fine with commercial games and opera browser. But homebrew such as NDSmail and beup cannot find my wireless settings even though they are saved in the firmware. They can't even find my router (WRT54GL running DD-WRT, ssid visible). It is not listed in their wifi list. But the firmware can easily find the router as well as DSorganize. DSorganize reads the firmware settings perfectly. Its just that ndsmail and beup can't seem to find my AP. Is there any way to fix this?

2. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    AFAIK Beup doesn't work now anyway, so you aren't missing out.

And I don't know how NDSmail works...

3. sakura19
    OP

Newcomer sakura19 Newbie

I know beup doesn't work. Still would be good to know why that and ndsmail and some other homebrew can't find my router

4. Movi

Newcomer Movi Advanced Member

Poland
    Change your wireless channel. I remember back when then wifilib didn't support all of the channels (and i used high channels, like 3 and 5 because they were less populated in my area). Try channels 11 or 7, and all should work fine.

I also use a WRT54GL, but with tomato [​IMG]

5. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    What firmware version do you have?

6. sakura19
    OP

Newcomer sakura19 Newbie

I've changed the channel, still not appearing in ndsmail and beup

7. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I'm guessing NDSmail was updated a long time ago. Newer DS Lites contain updated Wifi chips that weren't supported at all in the older Wifi library. The only solution would be to recompile the program with the updated wifi library. The fact that DSOrganize works strengthens the argument that this is the problem.