Hacking DSlite homebrew and wifi issues

sakura19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently bought a polar white DS lite from amazon.ca. I am also using the R4 with 2GB microSD and I have wifi set up in the firmware.

I can connect fine with commercial games and opera browser. But homebrew such as NDSmail and beup cannot find my wireless settings even though they are saved in the firmware. They can't even find my router (WRT54GL running DD-WRT, ssid visible). It is not listed in their wifi list. But the firmware can easily find the router as well as DSorganize. DSorganize reads the firmware settings perfectly. Its just that ndsmail and beup can't seem to find my AP. Is there any way to fix this?

sakura19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I know beup doesn't work. Still would be good to know why that and ndsmail and some other homebrew can't find my router

Movi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Change your wireless channel. I remember back when then wifilib didn't support all of the channels (and i used high channels, like 3 and 5 because they were less populated in my area). Try channels 11 or 7, and all should work fine.

I also use a WRT54GL, but with tomato
wink.gif

sakura19

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ferrariman said:
What firmware version do you have?

DS Lite: R4 v1.18
WRT54GL: DD-WRT v24

QUOTE(Movi @ Aug 6 2008, 03:07 PM) Change your wireless channel. I remember back when then wifilib didn't support all of the channels (and i used high channels, like 3 and 5 because they were less populated in my area). Try channels 11 or 7, and all should work fine.

I also use a WRT54GL, but with tomato
wink.gif

I've changed the channel, still not appearing in ndsmail and beup

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing NDSmail was updated a long time ago. Newer DS Lites contain updated Wifi chips that weren't supported at all in the older Wifi library. The only solution would be to recompile the program with the updated wifi library. The fact that DSOrganize works strengthens the argument that this is the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Don't know how I missed this https://youtu.be/OgLD1yhxNik?si=I94vWUB9-LcKc5jR