DSL Power Switch Broken

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by waffle1995, Jun 16, 2010.

Jun 16, 2010

DSL Power Switch Broken by waffle1995 at 11:40 PM (2,186 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. waffle1995
    OP

Member waffle1995 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My DS Lite power switch broke off when I was replace the housing.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I recently order 2 DSL power switch from DealExtreme.

Any GBAtempers know any video or tutorial that can explain how to solder a new power switch on.

Thanks~

P.S. Not a how to solder guide but a guide that tell which point of the power switch to solder on.

2. Quincy

Member Quincy Your own personal guitarist :3

Netherlands
    there are only 2 points.. check wich way the spring makes the button go and compare.

Edit: bytheway wrong category, this falls under hardware, not under game help..

3. tigris

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    open it up with a triwing screwdriver and stick foil in it or something

4. gary2010

Member gary2010 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you will need a fine point soldering iron then heat up all the parts that are solderd down, just touch the blob of solder and keep trying to ease it up with a stanley blade or something thin. try to get a little bit of the stanley blade under the switch just a little bit then start touching the blobs of solder make sure u keep moving to defrent solder spots and try gettin the stanly blade under a little bit more just be careful and try not to rip the switch off. some people have pulled up the solder pads and still fixed there ds because not all the solder spots are needed. i havnt tried doing this before but i would try if i had a soldering iron lol