Gaming DSi Xl Won´t turn ON

Masseaux1706

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I Got a DSi Xl That doesn´t turn on or charge.
I thought there was a problem with the fuses, and indeed there was.
So the problem is that in the c/utl-sub-1 board the f1 fuse is burned, like this:
mini_140913070702808634.jpg

So, what can i do? Can i replace the fuse?

Attachments

• 100_2709.JPG
    100_2709.JPG
    991.4 KB · Views: 722

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
you already figured it out everything, the right question is "what is the type of fuse" which i dont remember... i had my ds lite fuse blown up and i just bridged it which is a not recomended thing.. but the place the fuse was it was really hard to do better... (worked with all i got)
if the fuse is the same type of the ds lite, i could go dig through the old documents i had found and tell you the info i had collected.. but since we are not sure...

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that is the reason fuses exist. According to this thread it is a 1A 32V fuse with a 0603 package. Game shops that sell replacements rip you off bad. eBay is a lot cheaper but most to all electronic components come from China/HK.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The same reason why there are fuses in a power panel or a car. They protect the rest of the wiring/circuitry/components from getting nuked if too much power is flowing through. If not for fuses then whatever caused them to blow would make it hard or impossible to repair the parts that got burnt up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay