Hacking DSi XL Owners': Pixel Resolution, Look Good?

Rev Jim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guyana
Hey DSi XL owners, how's the display look? I know it is the same resolution, but at nearly twice the physical size, do graphics look blurry or significantly less sharp? Thanks in advance.

LoneSyn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The screen is fine, no problems so far. No longer need to place the DS close to my face and can now just leave it on table and play.

eightbitminiboss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks fine for the most part. But Order of Eccelsia looks a little weird, that's just me coming from a DS Lite directly to the XL. I popped in Final Fantasy 3 last night and 3D stuff looks fine.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
Thought someone already said something about the pixel res question about a year ago with the japanese DSi LL.

OVER-EXAGERATION!!!

It wasn't a year ago. THE DSI is Barely 1 year old.....

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
BlackDave said:
how_do_i_do_that said:
Thought someone already said something about the pixel res question about a year ago with the japanese DSi LL.

OVER-EXAGERATION!!!

It wasn't a year ago. THE DSI is Barely 1 year old.....
in november, the dsi will be 2 years old..

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The XL screen looks great, I try to see pixelation but I can't see any ( and I'm not blind ).
I even tried some emulators ( like ZXDS spectrum emulator ) and even though those 8-bit machines didn't have any antialiasing, they looked just as good as on the DSL, if not better ( I say better, hands down ).
I know on paper a pixel almost twice as big is a little scary, but in reality with lots of colours and antialiasing it looks as good as it gets.

Saddamsdevil

Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently once you have an XL you will be physically unable to get back to the smaller screens. You people got me all excited. Damn this online store that sent my RESERVED XL to someone else. I had to order someone else, for 30 euros more.

Getting it today though, once I get home from work I'll tell you guys about it. I may make pictures too if that helps
smile.gif

kyste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Saddamsdevil said:
Apparently once you have an XL you will be physically unable to get back to the smaller screens.

Actually you can. I'm playing advance wars ATM.

Only problem is you go "damn, that thing's small!" all the time which takes you mind off the game for a second and then you get pummelled by the opponent long range weapons.
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Yeah, they were going for that.