• Thread starter Deleted-220713
  • Start date
  • Views 3,370
  • Replies 20
D

Deleted-220713

OP
i have a ds lite and an m3 real which i love
i have little money and can only afford to buy a game console every 2-3 or so years.
i have had the ds lite for ages and was thinking of getting a DSI XL
(a normal dsi is out of the question for me)
but now there is news of a 3DS comming out in less than a year and to be frank..... I WANT ONE
but i will have to wait until a new flashcart is released for the 3ds so iw would be a LOOOONG wait until i actually got one
now i'm confused
should i get a DSI XL or wait untill the release of the 3DS?
plz somebody help me

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Wait a few more weeks for the unveiling of the 3DS, bet you'll be glad you did. I have no doubts
yaynds.gif

Overman1977

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I would get the DSi XL, as you said you can afford a console every 2-3 years. When the 3DS comes out, I'd think a lite of slim version, or some kind of upgrade will be out 1-2 yrs later and with that, maybe just under a year for a stable and working flashcart. So by the time you're ready to get a 3DS with everything you want, you may be waiting 2-3 years anyway.

This is all speculation as I am not aware of Ninty's timetable, but there's sure to be a 'lite' version to the 3DS at some point.

I also really have no idea how quick a flashcart will be available for it....might be sooner than later, might take ages.

I'd still get the DSi XL........ and a DSTWO cart.

Cheers.

D

Deleted-220713

OP
yeah i was thinking that the reason nintendo may be releasing a new system so early is because they want to enforce even further AP measures. and their getting pretty good at it.
so i reckon the flashcart/s for the 3ds will take a while to release

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
joshua8 said:
i have a ds lite and an m3 real which i love
i have little money and can only afford to buy a game console every 2-3 or so years.
i have had the ds lite for ages and was thinking of getting a DSI XL
(a normal dsi is out of the question for me)
but now there is news of a 3DS comming out in less than a year and to be frank..... I WANT ONE
but i will have to wait until a new flashcart is released for the 3ds so iw would be a LOOOONG wait until i actually got one
now i'm confused
should i get a DSI XL or wait untill the release of the 3DS?
plz somebody help me

I'm in similar situation of needing to make a choice b/c my old DSLite's hinge finally cracked and failed. I can afford to buy stuff but I've got other expensive "hobbies" (guns, fish tank, raising children, mortgage, car pmts., retirement savings, taxes) so I still have to use money wisely. And I'm planning to buy another DSLite, because there are still a large number of great DS games I haven't played yet and I can save some bucks on the DSLite vs. the DSi models. Not just the price diff b/n the consoles, but I can keep on with my M3DSReal where a DSi would require a new cart. With that money saved, I can justify the 3DS a little sooner than later.

What's wrong with your DSLite, and what benefit do you expect to get from a DSi XL? It's big, yeah, but it's heavy too. The DSiWare stuff is ok, but there's so many great games that can play on any DS I can't see where you're missing out that much. Just my opinion. I expect the 3DS will be quite excellent, so I recommend holding out and enjoying the rest of the DS catalog for now with what you've got.

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since no one knows the details of the 3DS, it's kind of tough to say.

If you have a Lite that's functioning fine, hold on to it and wait for 3DS's specs.

If your Lite starts to wear down (my launch Lite started to fall apart a month ago, with about 5-10 hours a week of use throughout it's life) and the XL was a good upgrade, but far from necessary. (I fucking love the XL, though, for the record.)

D

Deleted-220713

OP
i forgot to mention that my internet and router restrictions stop me connecting to the internet with a ds lite but i have tried it with a friends dsi and it works fine

D

Deleted-220713

OP
I love to play online with my wii and being able to wifi on pokemon hg/ss would be fantastic for me as i love the pokemon series

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Then I say yes, get an XL. The 3DS is so far away, with piracy and homebrew even further, and since Nintendo says the 3DS is a whole new system, it could take much, much longer to get new piracy tools out for it.

Again - I love my XL. The upgrade from Lite to XL was as noticeable as the upgrade from Phat to Lite - the two next to each other is a stark difference.

D

Deleted-220713

OP
and i guess the ds has had so many upgrades
and the 3ds is a whole new system so it will probably only get better with time.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just because they reveal news of it, doesn't mean it appears in your store the next day.

And in my view, a MUCH larger screen outweighs 3d. Unless the 3d is coming out in something like a large screen.

And even if the 3ds comes out start of next year, you know the drill, Japan first the rest get to wait till like summer if you are lucky. And then there is no games released for it initially, and the flash cart guys are not going to be out on launch day.

My advice, buy the DSi XL, and if you must sell it as major cash trade in worth and upgrade if you have no choice but to get the other item.

My forecast, is you will be happy playing on the XL for a year before you see any sign of the 3ds even being a choice.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
joshua8 said:
I love to play online with my wii and being able to wifi on pokemon hg/ss would be fantastic for me as i love the pokemon series
getting a DSi won't help you with that.
with DS games the DSi still has the same wifi limitations as the DS.

only DSi enhanced, DSi-exclusive and DSiware software isn't limited by the DS wifi limitations.

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thedicemaster said:
joshua8 said:
getting a DSi won't help you with that.
with DS games the DSi still has the same wifi limitations as the DS.

only DSi enhanced, DSi-exclusive and DSiware software isn't limited by the DS wifi limitations.

True that. You might look into getting a Nintendo Wifi Adapter, OP. Less expensive, and it should solve some of your major issues with the current hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr