Dsi xl colors washed out/brighter

eafs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The bottom ds looks more washed out. You can see in the top ds the hair is darker and the grass is greener. I tried messing with the pentimeters but all it does is make it more washed out. How could I fix this? The difference is much more noticeable in person.
20240331_175148.jpg
20240331_175145.jpg

Last edited by eafs,
Reactions: Marc_LFD

RetrogamingAddict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Color difference is normal. Not all displays are calibrated the same. I also have several 3ds/2ds that each has a different look and feel, some look warmer others colder, others less colorful ect...
Dsi xl doesn't look very colorful in general or at least the few i have seen, the ds lite has the most saturated colors.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

UK_Ray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It may depend on if you have had them from new or know the history of the console.

One may have had a screen replacement at some point - most brand new screens are not of the same quality as an OEM screen.

Or one may have been used a lot more than the other - the screens wear over time, often they start to 'yellow' round the edges.

You could switch them both on without a game in them and compare the brightness of the white background on the 'Nintendo DSi XL' welcome screen.

eafs

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or one may have been used a lot more than the other - the screens wear over time, often they start to 'yellow' round the edges.
I got this DSI on ebay which was supposedly brand new sealed never used. It has some slight yellowing in the edges, can that happen sitting in a box or does it have to be used?

Last edited by eafs,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Color difference is normal. Not all displays are calibrated the same. I also have several 3ds/2ds that each has a different look and feel, some look warmer others colder, others less colorful ect...
Dsi xl doesn't look very colorful in general or at least the few i have seen, the ds lite has the most saturated colors.
That's good to know. I'm going to buy a DSi XL specifically because of the IPS screens and it just seems like one of the best ways to play DS games with a bigger screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol