DSi with 1.4U

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by esc1, Jan 4, 2012.

Jan 4, 2012

DSi with 1.4U by esc1 at 2:33 AM (372 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. esc1
    OP

Newcomer esc1 Newbie

United States
    Got this DSi and I think it was a store model. Strange thing is It won't ever power off. I have a couple of questions. Can I update the firmware so it acts like a normal DSi? This no powering off thing has to be firmware related right or possibly hardware in the store model?

Second question, if I update that firmware to use it normally then can I also use my Acekard2i with it? I've been using the kard with a DS Lite since last year. Haven't updated it at all. Looks like I would have to update to the latest firmware on the kard with it in my DS Lite? Then I could use it in either DS?

I really appreciate the help.

2. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    wow... can't shut it down? possibly prototype nano-fission technology power supply.

kidding aside, if the power button isn't working, DON'T LET IT RUN OUT OF JUICE. you might not be able to turn it back on again.

get it repaired asap.

3. esc1
    OP

Newcomer esc1 Newbie

United States
    It won't turn off unless I pull the battery. The power button will turn it back on..

4. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I think all you really have is a DSi that needs the power button replaced or the contact pad underneath the power button replaced, or maybe both. dealextreme.com has cheap replacement parts and youtube has videos showing how to disassemble a DSi.