DSi wifi question?

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Candido1225, Mar 30, 2010.

Mar 30, 2010

DSi wifi question? by Candido1225 at 7:43 AM (921 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Candido1225
    OP

Newcomer Candido1225 Member

United States
    Does the DSi support WPA connection? If so, does that mean I'll be able to play games such as MKDS or TetrisDS online with out the use of my Nintendo USB Connector?

2. SSBBDaisy

Newcomer SSBBDaisy Member

United States
    If your asking that if the dsi can use other wifi routers other than Nintendo USB connector... than yes it can. It dosen't have to just use their specific router.

About the WPA connection part I don't know off hand. But you could check the manual for wifi and it should tell you

I hope this is of help [​IMG].

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The DSi supports WPA, but DS games themselves still only support WEP, so while you can use the DSi's online features (web browser and wiiware), the DS games will still not work.

Any specific reason you're not changing to WEP?

4. Candido1225
    OP

Newcomer Candido1225 Member

United States
    I use my Step Dad's router which happens to be WPA. I did try to convince him but he couldn't do it plus I didn't want to mess around with his router for my benefit. Besides, I'm able to play online fine on my three consoles but the DS lite is a different story because doesn't support WPA connections which is why I have a USB connector.