DSi Update Glitch

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its a bug that the system thinks there is an update there was no chnage and i did the so called update but i checked again and it asked me again to update so im guessing there is no update really just a system bug thinking that there is one

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
There was change, actually. My iEDGE is now absolutely blocked by my DSiXL, which sucks somewhat. I still want my free Four Swords though. Plus it's about time i considered upgrading to something like DStwo anyways.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This thread is a joke or what ?
unsure.gif

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On both of my US DSi's, there has been an update. I haven't updated one of them as there isn't an acekard update yet, but I have updated the one I use with my SuperCard, and it works fine.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
pspunabletohack said:
-.- Yes this is a joke there is no fucking update -.-*
+1 and it should be closed because its scaring small children and old people. Seriously, I thought this myth was dispelled yesterday. Please close it.
Well it's not really a myth, it can block flash carts, but if you've updated fully it won't.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
There is an update!

No joke lol

Like I said before it happened last night on my DSi
There is no update, but there's a glitch in the system that downloads...something. If you are not updated enough with your flashcarts you will not be able to use them until you do.

It calls it an update, and really has the same effect as one, but technically it's not one.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
heartgold said:
There is an update!

No joke lol

There is no update, but there's a glitch in the system that downloads...something. If you are not updated enough with your flashcarts you will not be able to use them until you do.
Mine are fully updated, I can't access the DSiware shop, it's basically the same 1.4.3 update, right? I'll have up update my DSi twice to the same firmware?

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
For me there is only one DSi firmware 1.4.3 (1.4.4 for China) and it was released in june.
And all big flashcart's brand got their update already to run under this firmware.

I still don't understand why this thread is not closed and the first post title changed.
unsure.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
heartgold said:
machomuu said:
heartgold said:
There is an update!

No joke lol

Mine are fully updated, I can't access the DSiware shop, it's basically the same 1.4.3 update, right? I'll have up update my DSi twice to the same firmware?

Sorry, I misread your post, I thought you said "there is no update".

Which flashcarts are you using?
QUOTE(Windaga @ Sep 28 2011, 04:00 PM) Does this block acekards as well? Or rather, is the current Acekard firm ware capable of running on 1.43?
No one's reported that it doesn't, though I'd be cautious. It likely will with the recent update, but I can't confirm anything.

QUOTE(Mbmax @ Sep 28 2011, 04:05 PM)
For me there is only one DSi firmware 1.4.3 (1.4.4 for China) and it was released in june.
And all big flashcart's brand got their update already to run under this firmware.

I still don't understand why this thread is not closed and the first post title changed.
unsure.gif
Because other people are actually affected by this, too. I just requested a title change, also.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't remember what I was on before, but updated my DSi to access the eshop. Stopped my acekard 2i with the halo/wings logo (which worked on my fully updated 3DS) from working, but flashed it with the latest firmware from the AK site so it now shows up as a white icon with a red bow and it works again.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
Can't remember what I was on before, but updated my DSi to access the eshop. Stopped my acekard 2i with the halo/wings logo (which worked on my fully updated 3DS) from working, but flashed it with the latest firmware from the AK site so it now shows up as a red icon with a black bow and it works again.
I see...Heartgold, what is your current loader game? Is it still Dorasu (The game with the Halo and Wings, though that's not its real name).

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
BlueStar said:
Can't remember what I was on before, but updated my DSi to access the eshop. Stopped my acekard 2i with the halo/wings logo (which worked on my fully updated 3DS) from working, but flashed it with the latest firmware from the AK site so it now shows up as a red icon with a black bow and it works again.
I see...Heartgold, what is your current loader game? Is it still Dorasu (The game with the Halo and Wings, though that's not its real name).
Nope, It's ChessMaster, is it fine to go with the update? No one has reported any blocking with Acekard.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't see the point for big N to have several subversion of the DSi firmware 1.4.3 without displayed the proper version in the menu.

And i just updated my second DSi from 1.4.1 into 1.4.3, downloaded 4 swords. My flashcart which was already compatible with this firmware is still ok.

Frankly i don't believe this story.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: hello everyone