Gaming DSi touch capability broken

ABigRock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got two DSi consoles that have lost their touch screen reading capability. I know the digitizers themselves are good, so it seems whatever has happened is mobo related. Has anyone encountered and fixed this issue?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm assuming that you have other DSi consoles where the digitizers are working?
It could just be that you're not connecting the digitizers properly, the little cables have to be fully inserted and the locking piece on the connector fully locked. It can be very hard sometimes, so be careful and patient with those cables and connectors. The connectors on the motherboard could be damaged too, make sure that they look exactly the same as the connectors on your working consoles.

ABigRock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, I've got working digitizers that I've verified, but these two mobos just don't seem to pick them up. I've done quite a few re-inserts, and I can't find anything wrong with the connectors, which is really strange. Is it worth just passing an iron over the pads to make sure everything is connected properly?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is it worth just passing an iron over the pads to make sure everything is connected properly?
You can try that, if you aren't worried about messing up those tiny connections.
Do the pins on the connectors also look fine? Maybe you could try bending them out a bit, or pushing the connector down while the console is turned on to see if anything changes.

ABigRock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll fiddle with them and see if I can't get it working. So far, no luck, which is really strange.

ABigRock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try that, if you aren't worried about messing up those tiny connections.
Do the pins on the connectors also look fine? Maybe you could try bending them out a bit, or pushing the connector down while the console is turned on to see if anything changes.
No luck with this, unfortunately. I manipulated the pins and that didn't seem to have any effect. I think my only real option at this point is to try and to a reflow. If that doesn't work, I'll have to see if anyone's got ideas!

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
No luck with this, unfortunately. I manipulated the pins and that didn't seem to have any effect. I think my only real option at this point is to try and to a reflow. If that doesn't work, I'll have to see if anyone's got ideas!
i had dirt between casing and touchscreen once, it triggerd a touch outside scope so it doesn't read anything else touched, good cleanup did the trick.

ABigRock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had dirt between casing and touchscreen once, it triggerd a touch outside scope so it doesn't read anything else touched, good cleanup did the trick.
I've got some better brushes coming tomorrow, I'll give that a go. I'm really pleased with this forum, it's really great to get so much help!

Amez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try the touch screen digitizer without securing it to the LCD screen, I remember there was a bunch of DSi's that had bottom screens with a gold colour casing on them which used to cause strange issues, i/e a constant buzz through the speakers etc,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1