Dsi to be discontinued?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by starfighter1, Feb 1, 2011.

Feb 1, 2011

Dsi to be discontinued? by starfighter1 at 2:56 PM (1,228 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. starfighter1
    OP

Member starfighter1 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    well I guess the big n decided that there was no point in the dsi anymore....this kind of makes me mad because it never seemed like they did much for it in the first place they only had a couple of apps on the market that were even that good and I was never really impressed. I stopped using mine about a year ago and will not until there is some way to install custom firmware or something along those lines.

http://ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/01/ru...or_discontinued

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Well their still producing the XL, so I'm okay with it. Honestly, I think it should have just been DS -> DSi XL, or even just the DS.

3. starfighter1
    OP

United States
    you are probably right either that or they should have just put in way more thought in the 3ds i mean the dsl was selling fine even after the dsi came out.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    ... why do you need custom firmware?

5. starfighter1
    OP

United States
    because sir I am not a fan of many things on the dsi. 1. I do not like the design. 2. it would be nice to have more apps (does not have to be games but games are nice) 3. a completely different o.s. would be so cool. but yes this will probably be a while I realize.

6. machomuu

United States
    Oh, I know of an upcoming custom firmware that has all of that:, it's called the 3DS [​IMG] .

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    1 - Custom firmware wouldn't change the way the device is designed.
    2 - Homebrew.
    3 - There's many different flash cart menus.

8. starfighter1
    OP

United States
    i realize this but my experience with flash carts has been nothing but trouble i first bought an acekard 2i which was faulty and did not function then bought an m31 with a bad cable (i think its the cable atleast.) yes i would love a good working flash cart but its not really in my budget to buy a new one (im saving for a laptop) and after the experience i have had with them im not sure i want to buy a new one.

9. Etalon

Member Etalon Former Akaio Fanboy

Morocco
    Then you're obviously a person that has difficulties on a lot of thinks.

I'm still using my very first Acekard on my very first DSi, no truble at all.

An Acekard costs $15, btw. If that's too much money for you, you should do other things than posting in video game forums. Maybe.

10. starfighter1
    OP

United States
    its not that its too much money its that I'm saving for other things. I'm also 16 play soccer all year long and other sports and Im in a couple clubs so I really have no time for a job...

11. aiRWaLKRe

Member aiRWaLKRe GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It too bad your acekard 2i never worked, I bought one when I got my dsi on launch day. mine still works, granted I have to do the paper trick to make the contacts, make contact, but other than that is still runs just fine. Infact my mom uses it on her dsi XL as I now use a scds2 on my dsi

12. machomuu

United States
    Well being in clubs and playing sports can be balanced out so you can play video games and do other things. In fact, people think that if you do those things you "have a life", but in reality those are the things that would consume one's life as well, just as video games are criticized for.