Homebrew DSi system update MOD?

EnekoT2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
(First of all, I don't know if I put this thread on the right section, sorry if I did, I just created an account in this wonderful forum)
Is there any chance to make the DSi connect via proxy/DNS to an external server, and via that server make the DSi update itself but with a modded firmware? Or update a part of its firmware to make exploits easier? Or I'm just saying bullshits?

Idk, I just thought about it, and I posted bc why not? Sometimes we obtained some great stuff from a post like this, like an idea.

Reactions: JSMastah

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is there any chance to make the DSi connect via proxy/DNS to an external server, and via that server make the DSi update itself but with a modded firmware?
Updates are themselves signed (like any title), and I think the system title list is also delivered over HTTPS (or was that only since the 3DS?)

In any case, all system versions are exploitable (because the DSi doesn't have a real operating system, once you launch an app it stops having any effect) as long as you have Flipnote...

Sometimes we obtained some great stuff from a post like this, like an idea.
Ah yes, the famous gbatemp-grade idea

Reactions: MichiS97

EnekoT2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Updates are themselves signed (like any title), and I think the system title list is also delivered over HTTPS (or was that only since the 3DS?)

In any case, all system versions are exploitable (because the DSi doesn't have a real operating system, once you launch an app it stops having any effect) as long as you have Flipnote...

Ah yes, the famous gbatemp-grade idea

Oh well, but the signature doesn't work like this way? Dsi downloads denrypted data wich is decrypted for each one, or the decryptation take place inside the dsi? The update works that way? And idk, with a modded firmware maybe it's possible to make an easy exploit. And the Flipnote exploit only works in the USA DSi's, mine (like many others) is EU dsi (I tried that exploit anyway but without results)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dsi downloads denrypted data wich is decrypted for each one, or the decryptation take place inside the dsi? The update works that way?
DSi downloads signed updates (also encrypted with the common key, but we have that one) and verifies if they are indeed signed with Nintendo's private key

And the Flipnote exploit only works in the USA DSi's, mine (like many others) is EU dsi (I tried that exploit anyway but without results)
Ugopwn, the paste-122-times one, is only for the American version;
flipnote-lenny or whatever it's called, the paste-1-time one, is for all 3 major regions

Reactions: EnekoT2001

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh well, but the signature doesn't work like this way? Dsi downloads denrypted data wich is decrypted for each one, or the decryptation take place inside the dsi? The update works that way? And idk, with a modded firmware maybe it's possible to make an easy exploit. And the Flipnote exploit only works in the USA DSi's, mine (like many others) is EU dsi (I tried that exploit anyway but without results)
A modified firmware cannot be installed this way. Believe is. Also, ugopwn (aka the flipnote exploit) is working on EUR consoles now

EnekoT2001

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
DSi downloads signed updates (also encrypted with the common key, but we have that one) and verifies if they are indeed signed with Nintendo's private key

Ugopwn, the paste-122-times one, is only for the American version;
flipnote-lenny or whatever it's called, the paste-1-time one, is for all 3 major regions
I didnt know that there was other exploit for flipnote o.O

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A modified firmware cannot be installed this way. Believe is. Also, ugopwn (aka the flipnote exploit) is working on EUR consoles now
Ugopwn or the lovingly one?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated