Hacking DSi problems. Touchscreen, Shoulder Buttons, and the hindge.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a DS lite with a broken hinge, and my shoulder buttons don't work (only work if I blow for 2min then works for 15min then I need to blow again) and my touch screen is very bad I touch the middle of the screen but the DS thinks its 2 centimeters to the left of were I am touching tried to calibrate for 1 hour doesn't work. Does the DSi also have these problems since I am thinking of getting a DSi. Does the DSi hinge also brake like the DS lites? What about touch screen/dead pixels, and shoulder buttons.

(For some reason I don't understand but why does Nintendo make there systems so cheaply everything brakes. I had the PSP phat longer than my DS lite and play it more and the shoulder buttons are perfect (knock on wood))

tangyi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
1. you need replace the rubber mat under the L/R buttons, if your blow takes no effect.
2. try screen emendation (personally recommend this tool: DS Clibrate). if the clad layer on the touch screen is broken, sorry i've no idea but get a new one (perhaps you'd like to treat your DSi tender
sleep.gif
).

hope a quick recovery for your DSi^^

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The clear silicone case helps relieve the DS hinges and holds it to place you should try getting that. The DSi feels way different than the DSL, its feels slightly larger and the shoulder buttons stick out more than compare to the DSL. The buttons click rather than pop out.

iwakura

HHNNNNNNGGGG
Trophies
Website
flashcartreviews.com
XP
Country
United States
all of your problems probably stemmed from the broken hinge, which was a major design flaw. Nintendo gameboys are usually pretty solidly built, but if you happened to buy one of the earlier batches of DS lites you could have gotten one with that flaw.

The DSi is built great. Very solid with no (consistent) errors reported. I love it
biggrin.gif

see my signature for a review on the console itself!

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you guys thing that all of this won't happen to the DSi because I don't want my future DSi to brake like my DS lite. And I have no warranty on my DS lite. And if I get a DSi most likely I will buy it from a kid in my school because thats cheaper than the stores.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The first run of DS Lites had hinge issues, this has not been the case with the DSi. I have dropped mine several times and it still has not broken, even the shoulder buttons are much better designed then the previous DS models and even the GBA shoulder buttons are not as sturdy, they are clicky and not soft.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: