DSi photo problem

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by tarka, May 20, 2013.

1. tarka
    OP

tarka Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2012
    Hi, does anyone know what format photo's taken with the DSi are.
    Basically my daughter removed the micro sd card from the Acekard. Connected to a pc and done something.It has become damaged or corrupted.Dozens of photo's that had been on the sd card were lost.
    When you go to the camera menu and click on SD card , it says " the device inserted into the sd slot cannot be used"
    I removed all the files from the card and formatted it. I then replaced all the files, same problem.
    I ran testdisk recovery and recovered over 2700 files, but no sign of the photo's.
    Also when you try to transfer photo's to the card , same message " the device inserted into the sd slot cannot be used"
    I was wondering if the photo's are still there but under a different format. One that cannot be opened with windows
    Funny thing is it's just the photo's that cannot be seen. All the games and sav files still existed and work
    Thanks in advance

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    The DSi doesn't use the MicroSD in the flash cart. It uses a full-size SD inserted into the side of the system itself.

3. tarka
    OP

tarka Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 17, 2012
    Yes i just discovered that, Please award me idiot of the century. I have been looking at the wrong card. I did not know the machine even had a full sized SD card. I just took the card out, reinserted and all is well again. What a plonker.
    Many many thanks for your reply Rydian , i appreciate it . Take care Mick :)