Gaming DSi or 3DS

Winzeyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent bought a new DS since it first came out, (Phat FTW) but recently both hingers broke and bothers the crap outta me. So i am deciding to upgrade and keep the original DS.

I also have an AK2i for my DS...So I think the DSi would be the best choice since i already have an AK2i... But if the AK2i would work on the 3DS then i would get that when the price drops.

So i was wondering.. DSi + AK2i...or 3DS and wait for a new firmware for the AK2i to work the 3DS?

Which would be better?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a 3DS and wait til it's able to work on it's fw.

The 3DS will be a DSi, but with better features.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Aijelsop said:
Probably a 3DS and wait til it's able to work on it's fw.

The 3DS will be a DSi, but with better features.

Wtf the 3ds wont be a DSI with better features can you play 3ds games on the dsi ? NO

Op wait for the 3DS

Winzeyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Well i also had another idea. get a DSi after the 3DS release and wait for a better version of the 3DS.

Winzeyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys.

Now i really want that Pokemon Black DSi. Look sexy..

rather than that. is there a way to put like some kind of decal/vinyl thing on a DSi to make it look like that?

Pokemon-Black-and-White-DSi.jpg

Winzeyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i just got my AK2i so Im really stuck between the two. I mean yeah the 3DS as backwards compatibility but would it work wwith the Ak2i. And wont it take it awhile for the 3DS to be cracked and be able to use the AK2i? and the only difference between the 3DS n DSi is the 3D right?

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Winzeyy said:
Well i just got my AK2i so Im really stuck between the two. I mean yeah the ?DS as backwards compatibility but would it work wwith the Ak2i. And wont it take it awhile for the 3DS to be cracked and be able to use the AK2i? and the only difference between the 3DS n DSi is the 3D right?

No, it's not that simple. Nintendo claims it has SUPER PIRACY BLOCKERS installed into the device...

Nobody knows if the old flashcarts will work on it yet. We gotta wait to find out.

Like ShadowSoldier said, just get a DSi if you want to download games, and get the 3DS later.

There are PLENTY of DS titles that will keep you busy, don't worry. =P

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Winzeyy said:
Well i just got my AK2i so Im really stuck between the two. I mean yeah the ?DS as backwards compatibility but would it work wwith the Ak2i. And wont it take it awhile for the 3DS to be cracked and be able to use the AK2i? and the only difference between the 3DS n DSi is the 3D right?
I mean you are keeping you Phat ds so just use you Ak2i on that and buy the 3DS and then play with the stuff not on dsi.

Do not feel like going deep into it, but 3DS is much more then that...

I do not have to buy the 3DS right then in there, you should save. This way you not buying dsi price then 3DS price...

But if you have to get a dsi get a XL

Cuelhu

GBATemp's Pepelatz Driver
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Winzeyy said:
Well i just got my AK2i so Im really stuck between the two. I mean yeah the 3DS as backwards compatibility but would it work wwith the Ak2i. And wont it take it awhile for the 3DS to be cracked and be able to use the AK2i? and the only difference between the 3DS n DSi is the 3D right?
no, it's like saying that the GBC is the same as GBA. 3DS is Nintendo's next generation handheld, with better graphics and new games.

Winzeyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh i see. Well... now i dont even know. Im thinking of getting the DSi til the 3DS has improved cuz im sure they will be a newer 3DS

Alright thanks ^^ i guess ill wait for the 3DS and the AK3DS(proper name idk)

Better to wait for the price drop of a DSi when the 3DS comes out or get one now?
?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
No point in upgrading to a DSi now. At all.
Get your original DS fixed up, you've not got much to lose really. When you say the hinge is broken do you mean the case is cracked? You can order a replacement from Dealextreme and then a month later replace the case and suddenly your DS is functional again
biggrin.gif

If you mean the actual hinge part is broken I'm sure you can get replacements for them too. Its a heck of a lot cheaper than a DSi.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
Winzeyy said:

No, it's not that simple. Nintendo claims it has SUPER PIRACY BLOCKERS installed into the device...

Nobody knows if the old flashcarts will work on it yet. We gotta wait to find out.

Like ShadowSoldier said, just get a DSi if you want to download games, and get the 3DS later.

There are PLENTY of DS titles that will keep you busy, don't worry. =P

Also, as Schlupi didn't mention, NO, the 3DS is completely different from DSi. It is the successor to the DS, not just an upgrade. It has a crap ton of new features and games.

You should get a 3DS and just use you PHAT for piracy, so long as it still works. If it doesn't, get a DS Lite, they are much cheaper and still have a GBA slot.

And Schlupi, where are my Pokemon cards!? Seriously though, I could really use them what with Battle Roads coming up.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Winzeyy said:
Really? Hmmm i thought there would be like a 3DS Lite or something. XD
Because they already slimmed it down, Nintendo has no reason to try and make a slimmer model, as they have stated in the past.

Winzeyy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahhh I see.

@Jam the case where the hinges are, are broken. the only thing holding the top screen together is the wiring in the middle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday