Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
NoE says that the DSi should be in Europe around Spring and NoA says "late 2009".. when asked about the subject, Iwata answered:

QUOTE said:
Specific plans will be unveiled by our local subsidiaries, but an autumn or year-end launch would probably be too late.

source: http://kotaku.com/5072065/dsi-will-be-out-...han-summer-2009

After the recent revelations about the system, I believe most people here don't want one now.. but it's good to know
tongue.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Just like you said... I ALREADY didn't want a DSi, and especially now that I learned we can't use flashcarts. If a workaround is figured out, then I might get one... but it really isn't a top priority.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Moots said:
Strata why not just buy a new lite, its like 129 bucks now. Oh you must want the camera....I know I'd pay almost a hundred bucks more for that, and for my flashcarts to not work.

The DS Lite is $200 (at least where I live).

I'm not only getting it for the camera, but also for the other things such as the web browser, SD card, DSware, possible Virtual Console, etc. I've got nothing to lose, as flashcards or SD hacks will come in time.

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
200 bucks, so how much do you think the DSi will be? More than that, thats for sure. And Possible virtual console? I love making big purchases based on possible features. The DS has let me down time and time again, wi-fi is available but shoddy at best, web browsers blow. So what makes you think Nintendo will come through and make these features well done?

And DSWare I assume is the handheld equivalent to WiiWare....cause without lost winds and Dr mario there hasn't been very many good wii ware games. But hey this is nintendo we can rely on them.

God people can't you see the ploy behind this, its the same thing with Wii motion plus later on. It should have been like that upon release.

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No its not fanboy-ism, Its I hate how stupid consumers are. We will get worse and worse quality handhelds if people keep this up.

It literally gives nintendo a excuse to release half arsed consoles. They can just fix a few tings here and there and keep re-releasing them and charging us full price.

They are selling us un-finished products, they are selling us things they make that they know are not the best they can produce because then after a year everyone would just be paying the lowered prices.....and thats no good. But hey if we can rely on people to buy 1,2 or even three ds's by botching the first one, that 2-3 times the sales.

spyke

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
probably bringing the DSi release forward because of the recent global economic slowdown. they need to spike their sales to attract confidence in their operations. so this is a pretty predictable move by nintendo. their 08/09 report will look bad, but if they get some DSi sales in other naitons, they will look better than other companys - very important for them

still not getting one, unless flashcarts work and actual price.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moots said:
200 bucks, so how much do you think the DSi will be? More than that, thats for sure. And Possible virtual console? I love making big purchases based on possible features. The DS has let me down time and time again, wi-fi is available but shoddy at best, web browsers blow. So what makes you think Nintendo will come through and make these features well done?

And DSWare I assume is the handheld equivalent to WiiWare....cause without lost winds and Dr mario there hasn't been very many good wii ware games. But hey this is nintendo we can rely on them.

God people can't you see the ploy behind this, its the same thing with Wii motion plus later on. It should have been like that upon release.
Does it really matter? It will be hacked sooner or later. No console/handheld is unhackable. People said that it would be possible to make a Backup Loader on the Wii and we have one. Not a perfect one, but its getting somewhere.

And the DSi will most likely not be more the $200 because if I remember correctly, Iwata said that it would price at $179 which is only about $50 more then a DSL which I believe is a bit reasonable considering it has 2 cameras, an SD slot and DSiWare. It may not be up to your expectations, but that's your opinion.

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
God damnit. I have no issues with what the price will be or the new features. My issue is that this all could have been in the original DS design, things like this as Apple does, are left out purposely so as to re-sell it to you again later. Its rediculous. If you don't think they could do this when the phat was eleased well then you are crazy.

Thats my issue, creating half assed products, then people buy them then re-buy the upgrades at nearly full price, which allows companies to further release shoddier consoles and just re-sell the upgrades. Welcome to the new game industry where companies nickle and dime us to death. Look at DLC for the 360.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Moots said:
God damnit. I have no issues with what the price will be or the new features. My issue is that this all could have been in the original DS design, things like this as Apple does, are left out purposely so as to re-sell it to you again later. Its rediculous. If you don't think they could do this when the phat was eleased well then you are crazy.

Thats my issue, creating half assed products, then people buy them then re-buy the upgrades at nearly full price, which allows companies to further release shoddier consoles and just re-sell the upgrades. Welcome to the new game industry where companies nickle and dime us to death. Look at DLC for the 360.

That's right. The 9800GTX was actually made in 2004, but they only released it today to milk more money out of consumers. Very believable.

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Did i say it was that way for video cards? No I did not. I am talking consoles/handhelds. Stay on subject. And if you think they couldn't have made the DSi 2 years ago then you are a fool

And if you think it doesn't happen why was the first iphone so sub par? it was using dated technology, no 3g, small storage space etc? Oh wait so they could release an upgraded one 6 months later to sell more phones.

So take your failed attempt at sarcasm elsewhere.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
Moots said:
Did i say it was that way for video cards? No I did not. I am talking consoles/handhelds. Stay on subject. And if you think they couldn't have made the DSi 2 years ago then you are a fool

And if you think it doesn't happen why was the first iphone so sub par? it was using dated technology, no 3g, small storage space etc? Oh wait so they could release an upgraded one 6 months later to sell more phones.

So take your failed attempt at sarcasm elsewhere.
"We're talking about videogames/consoles stay on subject" I believe you should too!
You are REALLY angry about this or some kind emotion relating to it, because to me, your posts just scream IDIOTS LISTEN TO ME.
Of course companys will release something better, price it up and add a few gimicks, thats how they make their money. What do you think they would do, release a 90GB ps3 right at launch so that everyone buys that only? Their humans, humans are greedy. therefore, they will do what they can to make money.

Almost immediately you started flaming strata8 for wanting to buy something with his own money. really, let him buy it even if it happens to be the worst thing on this planet. I kind of can tell your going to jump on me after this, but last statement. Dont bother him, if he wants to buy it for all the other things a DSlite DOESNT have, then he should. its not like the DSlite has a camera, dsware, and an SDcard slot. and dont say "Flash carts can do all of that and the DSlite does have a camera as a seperate appliance" Because those all together, would equal at least 100 dollars if you were to buy an expensive flash cart. and the opera browser, and that camera for that weird face training game. Now im going to finish my cereal. -End rant-

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
strata8 said:
Moots said:
Strata why not just buy a new lite, its like 129 bucks now. Oh you must want the camera....I know I'd pay almost a hundred bucks more for that, and for my flashcarts to not work.

The DS Lite is $200 (at least where I live).
Wow! I can get the Zelda DS Lite for $100 new where I live!

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah, im prolly gonna get it when it comes stateside.
Flashcarts will probably work by then.
Or i might get one for my little brother (9yrs old)
He would LOVE the camera and its fun features.
He really enjoys the DSlite currently, using it as an mp3 player a lot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I havent finished watching it so no spoilers pls