DSi Nand Mod Question

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by froggestspirit, Aug 11, 2018.

1. froggestspirit
    OP

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    I wired up a nand mod on my dsi with 30 guage magnet wire. i used a plug that has 5 pins to make a permanent mod, so i got one for clk,cmd,dat0 and 2 ground. i wired up the other wires that plug in directly to the SD readers pins, so its almost like a usb cable the plugs in the dsi now. i kept my wires very short, although i have an issue getting the drive to show up on a pc. the dsi boots notmally when disconnected from my adapter, and boots into error code 0000fe00 when connected. any advise? should i use thicker wire or solder to a sd card instead to manually plug into the reader?

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    That's good (the console is recognizing something else is keeping internal storage busy); assuming you already double checked the pinouts, try with an SD reader using a different chipset

Also, you said the wires are short (good), but are they approximately the same length?

3. froggestspirit
    OP

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    i think some are significantly shorter than others, maybe a cm or two. i can try making them longer\shorter to be the same. also worth noting, the SD card reader, i used it sucessfully with a 3ds nand mod once, so i dont know if itd be different compatability for dsi?

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo and his tropane alkaloids

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    I'm not sure that 2 cm would be a significant difference, but yes, compatibility is a bit iffy - you are using both reader and chip outside their intended specifications

(You're leaving the console powered on the bootrom error, right?)

5. froggestspirit
    OP

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    yes, i have the console powered on. i might try with thicker wire, i just hate the dat0 point