DSi Mode being worked on

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Gh0sti, Dec 14, 2010.

1. Gh0sti
    OP

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    asked babykane from SC chinese forum what was going on, also he commented that they will try to implement DSi mode instead of trying to create another flash cart with DSi mode ready (ie scds2i)

2. Tonitonichopchop

Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 9, 2009
    United States
    If they can manage it, this will be a very merry Christmas indeed. I wonder if the support for the dsi will be as good as it was for the wii...

3. stylow

stylow GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2010
    Netherlands
    If they can do it without that onboard cpu they maybe can do it on the acekard2i

4. Gh0sti
    OP

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    idk like i said it wont be till next year that we see anything about DSi Mode so dont get your hopes up, mostly we will see EOS 1.09 to fix some bug issues in the OS

5. CannonFoddr

CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

Sep 23, 2006
    Sitting by computer
    Still it would be nice to see it, saves me having to buy yet another card....

6. Recorderdude

Recorderdude Musician, Animator, Buffoon.

Jun 19, 2010
    United States
    Bah humbug. Yet another mode will be cracked that will steal developers away from the DSTWO SDK to make dsi apps.

/rage over having phat instead

still, this is great for those that have DSis to run dsi modes and warez on.

7. Stevetry

Stevetry Most perverted person in GBATEMP

Banned
    Jan 15, 2009
    Puertorico
    i am positive that they will come up with something at first they dint really care cuz the dsi stuff is really not that great

8. Etalon

Etalon Former Akaio Fanboy

Oct 18, 2010
    Macau
  9. NintyNerd96

NintyNerd96 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2010
    Wow, well that was fast xD

Makes me wonder if it's possible with (practically) any card if you get certain files onto the card [​IMG]

If that's the case then that will be just too epic

10. hullo8d

hullo8d GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 17, 2010
    United States
    Those are some pretty obscure titles, and most look around they same tier as an iPhone game.

It'd be great if they crack it though, since I've been wanting to play Shantae for a while now.

11. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    Do you know if there are any plans to release the SNES emulator (and other plugin) source to the public now that the SDK is available?

12. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    Chances are that when anyone obtains a sample of the CycloDSi, it'll be reverse engineered pretty quickly to get the secret of DSi mode.

Actually makes me wonder what hackmii will have to say about this.

13. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States

exactly..like how the PSP2 might get 3D in it's future...Sony will sit and wait like a bunch of pussies and break open the 3DS and see what makes it tick....

actually.....this is somewhat of a good thing...because Team Cyclo is known for the highest prices for flashcarts on "The Scene"..and it gives them competition...

so that Cyclo isn't the only DSi Mode Flashcart and they can charge a ungodly price just because "you want it?"

hell..wasn't the original CycloDS Evolution $65?

why pay a shitload of cash when another company can reverse engineer it and charge half of what Team Cyclo asks?..lets say...uhm $75...if the Supercard team and the AceKard team get a hold of the technology...wouldn't you want to pay less for the same "exclusive" features?

oh...my prediction is that Supercard is going to have to build another cart for DSi Mode...

it took Cyclo WAY too long too create this with it just being mimicked by a firmware update.

14. Mbmax

Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Nov 7, 2006
    TC has probably greatly protected their code.
    I won't speculate on the capability of sc team, but i doubt they will provide something before xmas.
    If they did, then someone from TC works for SC team now. [​IMG]

15. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Kneel before the Queen

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I hope if they get it working on DSTwo, they get it working with DSOnei as well. It would be pretty good to see that happen.

16. fishykipper

fishykipper pkmn breeder

Jul 19, 2009
    United Kingdom
    wow amazing news!!
    hopefully they'll work hard and make this availalbe for the supercardds2.
    before christmas though, there's no need to rush, christmas is only a few days away, we've been waiting for a hacked dsi mode for years...we can wait a little longer!
    thanks!

17. goncalodoom

goncalodoom GBAtemp Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    portugal
    I know they will find a way to get the job done [​IMG]

18. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place
    But, the only thing we can benefit from DSi mode is DSi games (which aren't that good anyway) and unneeded camera mods...

Well there is the 4-bar battery meter and the WPA2 support for Pokemon B/W (and possibly any other DSi-enhanced Wi-Fi game), but still.

19. Spenstar

Spenstar "Leave it to me"

Jun 16, 2009
    United States
    Why would you like to know?
    Also you wouldn't be able to play DSi enhanced games from other regions unless they make it where you can switch between DS and DSi mode.

20. Nathan-NL

Nathan-NL GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Netherlands
    Dude, the DSi has only been released last year in America and Europe.