DSi linux recruitment

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Saphiresurf, Jan 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2010

DSi linux recruitment by Saphiresurf at 9:27 PM (7,744 Views / 0 Likes) 103 replies

1. Saphiresurf
    OP

Banned Saphiresurf Banned

United States
    Post applications to join the team here. All i need to know is what your good at, why you want to join, and why you think you have the potential to join the team. the update thread with all the info and list of spots that are open i the team will be at the link below:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=200479

UPDATE: Ok i figured out how to organize the team. It should keep all you compliants at a temporary (Hopefully permanent) stop. I will update in a moment.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    A) Could you not have just done this in the previous thread? Unnecessary thread is unnecessary.
    B) The general consensus in that thread was that the idea was pretty much not gonna happen. I don't think a rag-tag group of amateur hackers can crack the mystery of the DSi key. This isn't a video game or a movie here.
    C) Why would you recruit for a project that's probably not gonna go anywhere anyway?

3. Saphiresurf
    OP

United States
    Because you dont know its not going to go anywhere until you try it.

4. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Except people have tried to access DSi mode and nothing has come of it. It's like watching one guy jump off a bridge and die and then think you can do it. The facts are solid, people aren't just saying it's a stupid idea to be rude, they're saying it's a stupid idea because it's not currently possible.

5. Saphiresurf
    OP

United States
    Yea i know what you guys are talking about but i think its always useful having another team working on the dsi.

6. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Shouldn't you focus on hacking the DSi first before an attempt at recruiting programmers is made?

7. Saphiresurf
    OP

United States
    Well programming an OS could be used as a file browser to access the NAND. If the team cant do that then will try to hack it so we can. ( though it will probaly be hard to hack (actually really hard to hack))

EDIT: If we can just get people on the team we might be able to do something. trial and error is definitely the way i learned most of the things about technology that i know today.

EDIT#2: I know this project looks impossible guys but we need some people in the team to actually know if its impossible. I know some of my ideas i have posted on here have failed epically but this team wont only be a dsi linux development team it will also be a dsi hacking team. the more (good) teams we have i think the faster will have hacked the dsi. So please we need to make this team complete.

8. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    Well, I for one think its an excellent idea, if some of the smartest people in the DS hacking scene have not managed anything useful in a year, then it's quite obvious that a handful of n00bs with not coding experience at all will get the job done in no time.

9. Saphiresurf
    OP

United States
    Yea i know but if we can get some ds proffessionals in a team working together dsi hacking could probaly go much faster. (yes i know theres team twiizers, ect., ect., but i think if we get another team on the job an exploit would be pulled off much faster.

P.S. i can also make a site for the team. (I dont know if it makes a diffrence though)

10. spinal_cord

Member spinal_cord Knows his stuff

United Kingdom
    All the people who could do something, have already tried and got nowhere. Just face it, Nintendo actually did a good job on the DSi security. Just think how tough the DS2 is going to be.

11. Saphiresurf
    OP

United States
    Thats true, but still the people who could do something (for the most part) haven't been in the same team.

P.S. There isnt a ds 2 theres the ds ll (or XL)

12. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    Do you code yourself?

13. Snorlax

Member Snorlax POSTMODERNISM

Australia
    SIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH.
    :/

On Topic: Is this just another attempt to waste more time while the actual hackers are looking for proper exploits? :/

14. macgeek417

Member macgeek417 妁眼のシャナ

United States
    Um... he never said there was he said think about how tough IT IS GOING TO BE.
    n00b.

15. Saphiresurf
    OP

United States
    I can kind of code myself.

16. jeremy506

Member jeremy506 Some dude.

Nauru
    I'm alright with PAlib and RTC functions. But alas, the DSi has to be hacked first. But I am working on a homebrew app that flashes your DSi and makes it more compatible.

17. WioWao

Member WioWao GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    You said in another thread that you dont like attention. We all know that you are not working on that SC. So dont do that again like with the Zelda Project [​IMG]

18. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    Good. You can't lead a group with no coding expierience.

@SC: What do you mean by "more compatable'?

19. 7mike7

Newcomer 7mike7 Member

United States
    maybe someone can make a bannerbomb type thing by putting a patch on a picture taken on the dsi

20. nicky041192

Member nicky041192 GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    what up with you? creating threads with 'ideas'? its not going anywhere until the dsi is hacked.
    another thread of yours: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=193063&st=60
    i doubt you can code.

im starting to think that zachsupercoolvideos is back haha
    if it is, use a ZC card [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.