DSi LCD screen replacement?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Link843, Apr 27, 2011.

Apr 27, 2011

DSi LCD screen replacement? by Link843 at 11:53 PM (559 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Link843
    OP

Newcomer Link843 Newbie

United States
    Alright, so basically I was replacing the bottom LCD screen for my DSi. Everything was fine till I had to take off the power connector...

This is the power connector

I had to slide it off like this: click here

But I ended up taking the thing off the motherboard and now the DSi won't turn on...What should I do? Would soldering it work? Please gimme some suggestions. [​IMG]

2. Frogman

Member Frogman This could be you!

Australia
    I would be scared to do anything else in fear of breaking it anymore, I would recommend taking it to the nearest store near you that does like console modding and stuff.

3. Buleste

Member Buleste Old Fart

United Kingdom
    If the whole thing has come off then you've probably taken the contacts off the mainboard as well so there's nothing to solder anything back on to so I think your DSi may be totally FUBAR.

4. Miss Panda

Member Miss Panda GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    This ^^^It would be helpful if you could post pictures of the board so we can see what state it is in. It may be an easy job assuming you haven't damaged or removed the contacts. In which case if you have a friend that knows what they are doing it would be a two second job. I wouldn't solder it yourself. Otherwise it will be a professional job or possibly a R.I.P job.