DSi isn't recognizing M3i Zero Sakura!

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by sorasin, Sep 9, 2009.

Sep 9, 2009
  1. sorasin
    OP

Newcomer sorasin Member

United States
    I recently purchased an M3i Zero Sakura card (brand new) and I had a couple of issues at first but I've finally narrowed it down to one.

The M3i is fully updated to the newest version, my microSD card and reader work perfectly, I have no problems adding data.

The only issue I'm encountering now is that I can boot up the M3i one time, play a game, and if I reset the console to play a different game the DSi no longer recognizes the M3i. The only workaround for that is to completely format my microSD card and reapply all the files it contained.

Anyone know what I could do?

Thanks in advance.

Sorasin

2. geminisama

Member geminisama Metsu

United States
    Have you tried blowing into the SLOT-1, and into the space you insert the MicroSD?

3. kampang

Newcomer kampang Member

United States
    When my DS was still at firmware 1.3, I have never got this problem.

I updated to 1.4 lately because m3i-zero was also updated to support this firmware.

Then suddenly I got this issue, my DSi cannot recognize my m3i-zero card ... only when I play Mario Kart ... sometimes (not always).

That's it ... anyone got the same issue? As I said, this same problem only occur during Mario Kart game play, and intermittent (not always occur).

4. nadoon

Banned nadoon Banned

United Arab Emirates
    Maybe you got a fake M3. If you don't think so, try re-installing the firmware.

5. sorasin
    OP

Newcomer sorasin Member

United States
    lol, very old-school remedy but unfortunately no, that did not work. Good try though, haha.

The M3i card isn't fake because I've updated it myself and it has worked before.

6. kampang

Newcomer kampang Member

United States
    No, my m3 card is not fake. I bought from their official distributor (listed in their site).

And it was working fine when I used it on DS 1.3 firmware.

As I said, the issue is intermittent and only during Mario Kart (I dont play much game titles btw).

When it happen, I simply take out the card and re-insert it ... that will fix the issue. However, it is annoying.

7. jayx3m

Newcomer jayx3m Member

Philippines
    This could be a contact issue. Try putting a piece of paper at the back of the board to lift it up a little bit.

8. sorasin
    OP

Newcomer sorasin Member

United States
    Tried that multiple times to no avail. Thanks anyways.

I'll be sending the card back to the supplier tomorrow.

edit; fyi, beware dragonds.com

9. pdocquier

Newcomer pdocquier Member

Belgium
    @sorasin:
    - what's your card manufacuted identifer (number above golden-connector)
    is it M3i_V1_E0 or G002A**** ?

- what do you mean by "DSI is not detecting M3i"
    Do you mean that the M3i/Danny Phantom does'nt appear anymore
    or It appear but when you wanna start M3i system you get a nintendo Error saying turn off the console ... bla bla bla?

if "icon" appear, it is probably not a contact issue (the piece of paper trick was wellknow for M3 DS real card, not really with M3i)

Ps: I think we have got same issues than you (cf. www.m3iforum.com)

10. sorasin
    OP

Newcomer sorasin Member

United States
    I no longer have my card as I sent it back to the supplier, so I can't give you the number. What happens is it'll recognize the card (I see the Danny Phantom icon, I can boot it up and play a game), but after restarting the DSi one time, it will no longer recognize it. The only way to get it to recognize it again is to format the memory stick and reapply all the data it contained (system folder, games, etc). Doing that will enable the card again for one more use before shutting it down, rendering the card unrecognizable once again.

11. sorasin
    OP

Newcomer sorasin Member

United States
    edit: doublepost