aka Pearbook
OP
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I actually like the design of the DS PHAT more than the DSi's one.
So is it possible to replace everything in the DS PHAT (except the buttons(I like those)) with the hardware of the DSi
and make holes for the Camera ect. Or will that be to hard to do ??

Already thanks
SOS-Rens

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't. There's too much of a form factor issue. The Motherboard of the DSi is entirely different to the one in the original DS. None of the holes will line up, the shoulder buttons work differently, the screens are bigger on the DSi etc.

Unless you want to do some serious case and circuit board modifications (which i doubt you do) abandon the idea NOW

KuRensan

aka Pearbook
OP
Trophies
Website
intheseaofclouds.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
zizer said:
What is the difference between hardware dsi and phat?
Maybe simple buy ds phat?

I already have one but with a lot of issues, like almost blanc bottom screen and the speakers making an annoying sound.

EDIT: But the screens of the DS PHAT are to dark and the software (Menu) of the DSi is much better, so A combi is the best console for me.
I hope the 3DS will look like that

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
SOS-Rens said:
But the screens of the DS PHAT are to dark and the software (Menu) of the DSi is much better, so A combi is the best console for me.
I hope the 3DS will look like that
from what i've seen the 3DS is a bit of a mid-way between DSiXL and DSphat design.

lovecats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
You can't. There's too much of a form factor issue. The Motherboard of the DSi is entirely different to the one in the original DS. None of the holes will line up, the shoulder buttons work differently, the screens are bigger on the DSi etc.

Unless you want to do some serious case and circuit board modifications (which i doubt you do) abandon the idea NOW
yes,Motherboard of the DSi is totally different

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing